Sometimes, after reading about the results of personal growth techniques, people start enthusiastically repeating affirmations, visualizing, and using various inner growth techniques.
They expect immediate results, and they might get them if they aim at some minor changes in their life.
Gaining immediate results can make you feel happy and elated. However, when it comes to more important matters, change can take time.
If you don’t get immediate results you might feel frustration, anger and bewilderment. This can make you wonder whether whether these technique work at all. Sometimes, this conclusion might lead you to abandon the whole matter.
This is quite a common occurrence, and you might have faced this situation yourself.
After reading a book or attending a workshop on personal development, the law of attraction or any other subject related to personal development, you become inspired and motivated. You suddenly discover that you can make changes in your life.
You start practicing what you have learned, and you soon obtain visible results.
This makes you feel elated and satisfied, but then, all of a sudden, nothing seems to work anymore. You affirm and visualize or follow other techniques, but nothing happens. This can be quite frustrating.
In this situation, some people might abandon their hopes and expectations, feeling they are facing a wall.
Others, continue reading book after book, or go on participating in endless workshops, believing that this will help them understand better what they need to do.
This behavior can turn into an obsession of reading one book after another, and going from one workshop to another.
Why Personal Growth Techniques Do not always Work
Why does this happen? Why the personal growth techniques work at first, and then stop bringing results?
Here Are the Reasons:
Ad - Continue reading below.
1) When you first come to know about techniques that can change and improve your life, you become enthusiastic and motivated. It suddenly dawns on you that you can improve your life. You act with emotion, desire, motivation and happiness, and this brings fast results.
2) It is not always possible to stay feeling “high”, and even if you get results, motivation, elation and emotions start to wane, and without them nothing seem to happen. You stop directing emotional energy into your desires.
3) Minor goals, such getting a check for $100 or finding a parking space, do not require so much dedication, persistence and skills, such as owning a business of your own or making big money.
4) After making some minor changes in your life and finding that the techniques work, you desire to do something bigger, but now you face a problem:
- A) You might discover that there is nothing in particular that you want to achieve.
- B) You don’t possess enough desire force to achieve big goals.
- C) You don’t know what you want to achieve.
- D) You lack patience, because bigger goals require more time to achieve, and sometimes also require certain skills and knowledge, which you need to acquire.
- E) Too big goals require a certain character and mental and emotional makeup that you may not possess.
- F) Not everyone desires to make big changes in his life. Many actually prefer the life they know and don’t want to make changes.
- G) Achieving success requires patience, self-discipline and persistence, and not everyone possesses these qualities.
- H) Success with affirmations, visualization and the law of attraction is dependent on several factors, one of them being able to think big and see far beyond your current life style and circumstances, and not everyone is able or willing to do so.
The same hold true when you try to improve your concentration skills and practice meditation.
You might notice progress in the beginning, and then it seems that you arrive to a standstill. The remedy is of course being persistence and not giving up.
Do not feel bad about it. This is all part of a natural inner growth process.
Inner growth, personal development, affirmations and visualization do work, but they require dedication.
It is as if you are at first shown that they do work, get some personal proof, so that you believe that they work, but then you need to work harder to make progress.
Some understanding and knowledge about a few techniques are not enough. You need to persist, despite the difficulties and delays you might face. You need to acknowledge the difficulties and problems on the way.
Browsing this website, you will find various techniques to improve yourself and your life, strengthen your motivation, and increase your prospects of making progress with any personal growth you choose.