The motivation to act, do things, study, or attain success in any field, often comes through outside triggers. The desire and the motivation might arise after watching a movie, reading a book, or talking with someone who has achieved success.
The fact is that the motivation that arises is often short lived.
How many times have felt elated and motivated to achieve a certain desire or ambition, after watching a movie or reading a book?
What happened to the desire and the motivation half an hour later, a day later, or a week later? In most cases it has evaporated. Why? Either because the desire was not strong enough, you lacked enough inner strength and persistence, or your day-to-day life made you forget it.
A single, one-time motivational trigger is usually not enough. Certain events or situations might arouse motivation and ambition, but some time later, everything returns to normal, and you forget about them.
Success requires constant motivation, not just one-time trigger.
Body building is a long process that requires time and effort.
Losing weight also requires time, so you need the motivation going for a period of times of weeks or months.
Getting a degree requires time too.
Changing your lifestyle and habits needs a sustained motivation.
This means that you need to gather everything that you find to be helpful to to stay motivated.
The question is, how can you produce a constant flow of motivation, to carry you through obstacles, laziness, fears or negative thinking?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Think about the times you had motivation, and write down what were the triggers. It doesn’t matter in what area you were motivated to act.
- Make a list of motivational books that helped you in the past. Each day read at least a few pages from one of the books.
- Think about the kind of movies acted as triggers.
- Make a list of inspiring quotes and read then often.
- Read success stories
- Collect photos of things you want to do or own.
- Seek the company of people who have an uplifting effect on you.
- Start with small, simple goals. Since it is easier to maintain motivation for short periods, it would be easier to keep the motivation, when it is a goal that does not require much time to accomplish, just a few minutes, hours, or a day or two.
Check these motivational books:
Visualize and Achieve
Clear and easy to understand, step-by-step instructions, for improving your life and creating success with the power of your imagination.
Affirmations – Words with Power
Find out how you can reprogram your subconscious mind, activate its powers, and start attracting happiness and success into your life!
You may also check these books:
The Motivated Mind
Motivated in Minutes
Life Greatest Skill
Click Here for Information!
I Invite You to Subscribe to My Newsletter.
Join me to receive articles, advice, updates and inspirational quotes.