Positive affirmations are short positive declarations that state a goal that you want to achieve. Repeating them often, engraves them on the subconscious mind. This act prompts the subconsciousness to bring your goal into reality.
Affirmations can change the mindset and activate the law of attraction. They can help you overcome negative self talk, and they can improve your state of mind body health.
You can use positive affirmations to change your thought patterns and to avoid negative thoughts. You can also use them to help you with weight loss and to achieve success.
Emile Coue, the French psychologist and pharmacist, who lived in the early 20th century, brought this topic to the public’s attention. Emile Coue used the word autosuggestions to describe this process.
He noticed that when he told his patients that the potions he gave them were effective, there were more positive results. This showed that thoughts and beliefs can affect the perception of reality.
Years later, Louise Hay made this topic popular through her books, where she used the word affirmations, instead of autosuggestions.
Positive Affirmations in Everyday Life
Imagine yourself swimming with your friends in a swimming pool.
Your friends swim fifteen rounds, something you have never done before. Since you want to win their respect, you want to show them that you can make it too.
You start swimming, and at the same time you repeat in your mind, “I can do it, I can do it…”. What are you actually doing? You are instinctively repeating positive affirmations.
Often, people e repeat such words when they do something difficult or inconvenient. In these situations, we instinctively repeat words that inspire us, give us confidence, and motivate us.
How to Repeat Positive Affirmations
- Repeat one affirmation at a time. At other times of the day, you may repeat a different affirmation.
- Start your day with one of two that you find most inspiring.
- Repeat your affirmations when you are not busy with something that requires your attention. Be careful not repeat them while driving or crossing a street.
- You may also devote special sessions of 5-10 minutes every day, to repeat them in a quiet place.
- Strive to be as relaxed as you can while repeating the affirmations.
- Focus on the words you are repeating.
- Repeat the words with the conviction that what you are repeating is true.
- Use only positive words. For example, if you wish to lose weight, don’t repeat, “I am not fat”, or “I am losing weight.”, instead, say “I am getting slim”, or “I have arrived to my ideal weight”.
- Focus on the present. For example, don’t say “I will be rich”, say “I am rich now”. You want to be rich now, not in the future.
List of Positive Daily Affirmations
Choose the ones you like most, and make them your daily positive affirmations.
1. I am healthy and happy.
2. My life is full of happiness and joy.
3. A constant supply of wealth is pouring into my life.
4. Day by day I am becoming wealthier.
5. I enjoy good , happy and joyous feelings.
6. My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.
7. I have the energy and strength to accomplish anything I want.
8. My mind is calm and relaxed.
Create a unique life with our unique eBooks.
9. I am calm and tranquil in every situation.
10. I am at peace with myself and with the world.
11. My thoughts and reactions are under my control.
12. I radiate love and happiness around me.
13. I am surrounded by loving people.
14. I have the perfect job for me.
15. I am living in the house of my dreams.
16. I have good and loving relationship with my wife / husband.
17. I have many good friends who love to be in my company.
18. There is great love in our family.
19. I have a wonderful and satisfying job.
20. I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.
21. I am successful in whatever I do.
22. My ability to get along well with everyone is improving day by day.
23. Everything in my life is getting better every day.
24. I allow into my mind only good and happy thoughts.
25. I am attracting prosperity into my life.
27. I always head in the right direction, in whatever I do.
28. I am experiencing happiness and joy everyday.
29. I work in a congenial and pleasant environment.
30. I get along very good with everyone.
31. Day by day I am progressing toward my perfect weight.
32. My body weigh the perfect weight for me.
33. My positive attitude is making everything easier in my life.
34. Wonderful things are happening in my life every day.
35. I let go of worries and enjoy inner peace.
36. I am in charge of my time.
37. I make good and wise decisions.
38. I make wise and responsible decisions.
39. Each night, I fall asleep quickly and easily.
40. I sleep a very good sleep every night.
41. I study and understand everything fast.
42. I am going to get good grades at the examination.
43. I have the courage to follow my dreams and make them come true.
44. I can learn to swim.
45. I can learn to dance.
46. I have the talent to learn foreign languages.
47. I am happy and content with my life.
48. I have the means and the time to travel wherever I want.
49. Each day, I am improving myself and my life.
50. Day by day my life is improving in every area.
51. I am confident in my ability to get whatever I want.
52. I am grateful for having good and helpful people in my life.
53. I am learning new things every day.
54. I have patience span is increasing every day.
55. I welcome positive thoughts into my mind.
Feel free to phrase other, similar positive statements, suitable for your needs. Be careful to construct them in the present tense.
Affirmations work, when you repeat them correctly!
You can find full and guidance, and many powerful affirmations for almost every purpose, in the book Affirmations Words with Power.