By Remez Sasson
I receive many email messages from people asking how to get rid of anxieties. It seems that anxieties and worries are so common in today’s world, and people are looking for solutions.
I am not a physician neither a psychologist. I am writing about this subject from a totally different viewpoint, from the viewpoint of inner development – self improvement, spiritual growth and meditation. This approach might not be everyone’s cup of tea, as it requires time and effort, but the rewards are great, and go much further and beyond reducing anxieties.
There is nothing in the world worth to be anxious about, no matter what your situation is. Anxieties are thoughts tinged with negative feelings and expectations that take control of your mind and life. You are the Spirit beyond the mind, and therefore should be the one in control of your thoughts and anxieties, and not the other way around.
Being anxious is a habit of the mind, and you need to find a way to undo this habit. Often, it becomes an enslaving habit, which weakens and can cause a lot of trouble. One finds himself caught in a vicious circle of negative thinking, fears and worries, which are difficult or next to impossible to overcome.
How can you undo and overcome the habit of anxiety?
* You can start by telling and convincing yourself that anxieties are thoughts and feelings that inhabit your mind, and as such, they are outsiders, not part of yourself. Believe and tell yourself often that you don’t have to accept every thought that comes into your mind, especially negative thoughts.
* Learn to concentrate and you will learn to be in control of your thoughts.
* Work on developing some emotional and mental detachment, by being alert and aware of your thoughts, feelings and reactions, and trying not to get too much affected and involved with them.
* Focus your mind on happy thoughts, and avoid dwelling on negative thoughts and events.
* A regular practice of meditation can also help you reduce the level of anxieties.
All this will gradually help you reduce your anxieties, and even overcome them completely and bring inner peace into your mind.
Following this advice might sound too tough and difficult for you, and it also requires time and effort to implement. Some might prefer psychological treatments or taking medications to relax the amount of anxiety, but in the long run, the above mentioned inner development methods bring greater rewards and make you independent of treatments and medications. They will eventually make you strong, happy, positive and free of anxieties, and develop new positive habits.
Remember, anxieties are thoughts tinged with feelings. It is up to you to accept or reject them. They add nothing to your life, and life without them is more free and happy.
Replace Anxiety with Inner Peace
Clear, step-by-step instructions and guidance for overcoming anxieties and worries, and gaining inner peace, happiness and mental mastery, written in a clear and easy to understand language.