People often ask me how to get rid of their anxieties and how to experience inner peace.
Getting anxious and worried is deeply ingrained habit. Some people have this habit more pronounced, and others don’t express it too strongly.
Anxiety is a mental/emotional habit. Anxieties are thoughts, tinged with negative feelings and expectations that take control of your mind and life.
From a spiritual point of view, you are the Spirit beyond the mind, and therefore, you should be the one in control of your thoughts, feelings and anxieties, and not the other way around.
Being anxious is a habit of the mind, and you need to find a way to undo this habit. Often, it becomes a weakening and enslaving habit, which can cause a lot of trouble.
Often, this habit creates a vicious circle of negative thinking, fears and worries, which are difficult or next to impossible to overcome.
5 Tips for Getting Rid of Anxieties
- Acknowledge the fact that anxieties and worries are just thoughts, which on many occasions, have nothing to do with reality. Often, these thoughts and feelings are picked from the outside, from other people or from the media. You don’t have to accept every thought that comes into your mind, especially negative thoughts.
- Developing a certain degree of concentration helps you to control your thoughts and reject thoughts that you don’t want.
- A certain degree of emotional detachment is most useful. It helps you not to take everything too personally, avoid being emotionally manipulated, and avoid getting involved with negative thoughts and feelings.
- Do your best to focus your mind on the bright side of life, on finding solutions, and on doing things and being passive. Avoid dwelling on negative thoughts and events.
- A regular practice of meditation will help a lot in reducing, and even eliminating the level of anxieties.
Following this advice might sound too difficult, as it requires time and effort. However, the rewards are great. You will build the habit if inner peace, where anxieties and worries cannot flourish.
Some people might prefer psychological treatments or taking medications to relax anxiety, but in the long run, the above mentioned inner development methods bring greater rewards and make you independent of treatments and medications. They will eventually make you strong, happy, positive and free of anxieties.
Remember, anxieties are thoughts tinged with feelings. It is up to you to accept or reject them. They add nothing to your life, but life without them is more free and happy.
Imagine how free, calm and happy you would be, if you could stop getting upset by what people say or do, let go of negative thoughts and emotions, and avoid taking things personally.