Are You the Creator of Your Thoughts?
Do you sometimes wonder why thoughts arise in your mind?
Everyone has certain beliefs, but why these beliefs and not others?
Are the thoughts you think your own thoughts, other people’s thoughts and ideas, or thoughts that you have unconsciously picked from your environment?
Most people believe that the thoughts they think, originate from them, and are part of them. They believe they are the creators of their thoughts.
It might come as a surprise, but most thoughts are not your own thoughts. Much of your thinking is the product of your upbringing, education and environment. Suppose you grew up somewhere else and had different education, your thoughts and beliefs would most probably have been different.
The TV, the radio, the newspapers, the Internet and the social media, also shape our thoughts and beliefs to a great extent.
People protect their thoughts, point of view and beliefs fiercely, and fight for them, though quite often, these are actually not their own thoughts. They could equally, pick up other, completely different thoughts.
The environment, our family and friends, our upbringing and education, and the outside world, shape and program our mind and thoughts, and yet, we believe that our thoughts and beliefs are own, and produced by us.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the guidance you need to make them work.
Learn how to use affirmations effectively, to improve your life, achieve goals, and get the things you want.
Hundreds of affirmations for almost every purpose.Get More Info
Every person has certain beliefs and acts in accordance with them. Have you ever analyzed these beliefs, and examined why do you have them? Did you sit down to decide what beliefs to accept, and then said to yourself that you are going to support, believe and act in accordance with them?
Well, it does not work in this way.
Most thoughts and beliefs are accepted on the subconscious level, without thinking about them or analyzing them. It is an automatic, unconscious process with no conscious choice.
This is often the reason for becoming the fan of a certain sports team or the fan of a certain singer, and this is the reason for following a certain political party. This is the reason why advertising or emotional speeches work. They affect the subconscious mind, often, without the intervention of the conscious mind.
If this is so, where is your freedom? Where is the freedom to choose? Are you really free?
To be really free, you have to stop and think, and consider whether you need this or that thought, and whether your beliefs have a solid ground.
You can learn to choose, accept or reject thoughts and stop accepting them automatically. You can change the programming of your mind.
You have to learn stop and think before accepting each thought and belief. You can change your mindset. There is no reason to act like a robot.
- What do you think now, are you the creator of your thoughts, or do your thoughts come from outside of you?
- Do you realize the importance of being the master and supervisor of your thoughts?
I am not telling you to reject all thoughts and beliefs. Many of them could be important and useful. I am telling you just to be aware of them and not accept them blindly.
How to Think Freely and Independently
- How can you be free?
- How can you free yourself from your thoughts and beliefs?
- What would happen to you, if you get free?
- You can learn to master your thoughts, accept the ones you approve and reject others.
- You can think in a more independent way, without allowing what you read, hear and see affect your judgement. You can learn not to let other people’s thoughts and beliefs affect your thinking and beliefs. However, this requires some inner work on your part.
This inner work will bring more calmness, happiness, common sense and wisdom into your life.
True freedom starts when you can rise above your thoughts, and when you develop the ability to choose or reject thoughts at will. This happens, when you become more aware and conscious of the thoughts that pass through your mind, and when you develop a certain degree of focusing your mind.
How can you do that?
- You can do so by starting to pay closer attention to your thoughts, and ask yourself whether they are helpful or not, and whether you need them.
- You can do so by practicing concentration exercises and meditation.
- You can do so by adopting an attitude of detachment toward your thoughts.
- You can do so by striving not to take personally, what people say.
- Try to think with common sense and without bias.
- Do not take anything for granted or accept what you hear, see or read without some independent thinking.
This is not something to be won overnight, and is not everyone’s cup of tea. There must be the desire, motivation, and the understanding of the importance and benefits of becoming free from the enslavement of mind and thoughts.
You can become an original thinker.
When you allow yourself mental freedom, you become more creative.
When you free yourself from unwanted, undesirable thoughts, you start mastering your mind and your life.
Learn to Focus Your Attention
Learn how to focus your mind, control your attention, and strengthen your concentration skills with simple mental exercises.
With a focused mind your attention and mental powers will improve, and you would do everything better, more efficiently, and in less time.Get More Info
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.