An eBook is a book in electronic format. It is downloaded to a computer, PC, Mac, laptop, tablet, smartphone or any other kind of reading device, and is read on the screen. It can have numbered pages, table of contents, pictures and graphics, exactly like a printed book.
eBooks offer many benefits and advantages, and this article shows a few of them.
It is very simple and easy to purchase and download eBooks through the Internet. It is exactly like purchasing any other product. The only difference is that after payment you will either be directed to a download page or receive the download link in an email.
After download, all you have to do is click on the link and the eBook will automatically download to your computer, to a folder of your own choice.
After download, you don’t have to be connected to the Internet in order to read the eBook. You can stay offline. If you wish to have it printed, it is very easy. Many publishers allow that. Just click on the print button, to print the eBook with your home printer.
What Are the Benefits and Advantages of eBooks?
1. eBooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download, and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don’t have to go to a bookstore to buy them, nor wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
2. No trees are required to manufacture paper for the pages of eBooks.
3. When you need certain information, you can get it immediately, by downloading an eBook.
4. Many eBooks are sold nowadays with bonuses, which you usually do not get with a printed book. This adds value to your purchase.
5. eBooks take up less space. You practically don’t need any space to store them. You don’t need a library or a room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of eBooks on your computer or reading device.
6. eBooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you, on CD, in a laptop, smartphone or any eBook reader, without worrying about their weight.
7. With today’s technology, you can read eBooks everywhere, on the bus, train, airplane, and while standing in line.
8. You can carry with you a great number of eBooks wherever you go, which you cannot do with ordinary books.
Ad - Continue reading below.
9. eBooks can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites.
10. eBooks are searchable. You can easily search for any information in an eBook, instead of turning page after page.
11. eBooks can be interactive and contain audio, video and animations, which can enhance the message that the author is trying to convey.
12. Since eBooks are delivered through the Internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.
13. eBooks can be printable, so that if you wish to read an eBook in the traditional way, you can very inexpensively print it with your home printer or at any printing shop.
14. Fonts in eBooks can be resized, making it easier to read on small screens. It is also possible to listen to some of the eBooks, just like listening to audio books.
15. eBooks are very easy to sell and distribute, because you do not need a store or shop.
16. It is very simple and easy to purchase and download an eBook. People living in big modernized cities, in a remote village in a far away country, or on a small island, can equally access an eBook. It takes them the same amount of time to purchase and download an eBook, provided they have an Internet connection.
17. It is possible to purchase an eBook 24 hours a day, every day of the year, from the comfort of your own house or office. You can purchase and download an eBook, even if you are on a vacation. All you need is a laptop, tablet. smartphone, or a reading device, and Internet connection.
18. People are already spending a lot of time in front of their computers, so why not read an eBook, instead of doing something else?
Nowadays, one can find eBooks about every possible subject, fiction and nonfiction, free and not free.
Considering non-fiction eBooks, such eBooks disseminate knowledge not pages, which means that it is not correct to evaluate the price of an eBook according to the number of its pages.
The price should be determined by the information offered, its usefulness and its relevance, and also by the amount of practical knowledge, inspiration, motivation, tips and advice it offers, and by the uniqueness of the information.
You may reprint this article in newsletters, websites or blogs, provided:
- The article is reprinted as it is, without any editing or alterations.
- No payment is charged for the article.
- The reprinted article should also include the resource box mentioned below, with clickable links.
- If you wish to reprint this article in a printed form, in newsletters, magazines or any other publications, you will need to contact us for permission.
Please include the following lines about the author:
About the Author
Remez Sasson writes books and articles to help people improve their life, achieve success, gain inner strength and inner peace, and deal more efficiently with their everyday life. Visit his website www.SuccessConsciousness.com