What Is Motivation and How to Strengthen It
By Remez Sasson
What Is Motivation?
Let's first define what is motivation. It is the inner power that pushes you toward taking action and toward achievement. Motivation is powered by desire and ambition, and therefore, if they are absent, motivation is absent too.
It is the zest, drive, energy, and the fire burning inside you that keeps you going towards a certain goal.
It is the power that makes you wake up each morning with energy, ready to start your day and work to accomplish your goals.
Motivation is often triggered by external factors, such as the example of successful people, a movie, a book, a certain event or a pep talk. These factors awaken the desire to do something follow a dream or just carry a certain task.
These factors or triggers can be strong, motivating and pushing you forward long enough to accomplish what you set out to do. Sometimes, the trigger and desire wear off after a while, and you need another dose of incentive.
Sometimes, you might have the desire to get something done, or to achieve a certain goal, but if the desire and ambition are not strong enough, you lack the push, the initiative, and the willingness to take the necessary action. in these cases, you lack of motivation and inner drive.
When there is motivation, there is initiative and direction, courage, energy, and the persistence to follow your goals.
A motivated person takes action and does whatever is needed to achieve his or her goals.
Motivation becomes strong, when you have a vision, a clear mental image of what you want to achieve, and also a strong desire to manifest it. In such a situation, motivation awakens inner strength and power, and pushes you forward, toward making your vision a reality.
Motivation can be applied to every action and goal. There can be motivation to study a foreign language, to get good grades at school, bake a cake, write a poem, take a walk every day, make more money, get a better job, buy a new house, own a business, or become a writer, a doctor or a lawyer.
Motivation is present, whenever there is a clear vision, precise knowledge of what you want to do, a strong desire, and faith in your abilities.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Repeating Affirmations can change your life.
Learn how to use affirmations effectively, to improve your life, achieve goals, and get the things you want.
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the instructions to make them work.More Details
Motivation is one of the most important keys to success. When there is lack of motivation and incentive, you either get no results, or only mediocre ones, whereas, when there is motivation, you attain greater and better results and achievements.
Compare a student who lacks motivation and who hardly studies, to a student who is highly motivated, and who devotes many hours to his studies. Each student will get absolutely different grades.
Lack of motivation means lack of enthusiasm, zest, incentive and ambition, whereas the possession of motivation is a sign of strong desire, energy and enthusiasm, and the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve what one sets out to do.
A motivated person is a happier person, more energetic, and sees the positive end result in his or her mind.
How to Strengthen Your Motivation
1. Set a goal. If you have a major goal, it would be a good idea if you split it into several minor goals, each small goal leading to your major goal.
By dividing your goal into several, smaller goals, you will find it easier to motivate yourself, since you will not feel overwhelmed by the size of your goal and the things you have to do. This will also help you feel that the goal is more feasible, and easier to accomplish.
2. Understand that finishing what you start is important. Hammer into your mind that whatever you start you have to finish. Develop the habit of going to the finish line.
3. Socialize with achievers and people with similar interests or goals, since motivation and positive attitude are contagious. Associate with motivated people, who share your interests.
4. Never procrastinate anything. Procrastination leads to laziness, and laziness leads to lack of motivation.
5. Persistence, patience and not giving up, despite failure and difficulties, keep the flame of motivation burning.
6. Read about the subjects of your interest. This will keep your enthusiasm and ambition alive.
7. Constantly, affirm to yourself that you can, and will succeed.
8. Look at photos of things you want to get, achieve or do. This will strengthen your desire and make your subconscious mind work with you
9. Visualize your goals as achieved, adding a feeling of happiness and joy.
Remember, if a certain goal is really important, going through the above steps will strengthen your motivation, and keep you going forward.