Everyone desires peace of mind, but the big question is how to find peace of mind, when there are problems and difficulties, when there are worries and anxiety, and when you are busy all the time with work, study and chores? When you are so busy all day long, how and when can you find peace of mind?
How to find peace of mind when your mind is constantly occupied with thoughts, taking you from one thought to another, from one worry to another?
You can find peace of mind, but this requires that you do something about it.
What is peace of mind? It is a state of inner peace, when your mind is calm, like the surface of a lake on a summer day. It is a state when you are not harassed by thoughts and worries, and you can avoid the thoughts you don’t want to think. It is a state of freedom from worry and anxiety, and from restless, negative and disturbing thoughts.
In this state there is calmness and happiness, better concentration, inner strength, and a heightened state of awareness. Your external life might not necessarily change, but your inner life, your mind, and your attitude would change.
How to find peace of mind?
Everything that can quiet your mind will help you find peace of mind:
- Spend some time every now and then in nature, in a forest or at the beach.
- Take a walk, where you can be alone.
- Get enough sleep at night.
- When watching TV, prefer comedies and programs that make you laugh, feel happy or inspire you.
- Read inspiring quotes every day.
- Be more forgiving, and don’t harbor grudges or resentments.
- Don’t blame or criticize other people.
- Don’t postpone doing things that you have to, and which don’t like doing. Do them, and take them out of your mind.
- Be aware of your thoughts and refuse dwelling on negative thoughts or worries. Don’t fight them, but just try to express lack of interest in them.
- When feeling worried or tense, take a few deep breaths.
- Seek the company of peaceful people.
These are just a few simple tips to show you how to find peace of mind. All these tips can bring some temporary inner peace when you need it, but if you wish to find a deeper and more constant and stable state of inner peace you will need to:
- Practice concentration exercises.
- Read and practice the book How to Focus Your Mind.
- Practice meditation, any form of meditation.
- Develop some degree of inner detachment (it has nothing to do with being indifferent), so that you don’t get swayed or carried away by events, people, or what people say or do.
Get a complete course, with guidance and exercises on how to find peace of mind.