Everyone desires peace of mind, but the big question is how to find peace of mind, when there are problems and difficulties, when there are worries and anxiety, and when you are busy all the time with work, study and chores?
If you are so busy all day long, how and when can you find peace of mind?
How to find peace of mind when your mind is constantly occupied with nonstop thinking an worrying?
What is peace of mind?
Let me clarify and say that peace of mind is not just the non-existence of worries, and when everything is running smoothly. It also means a quiet and controlled mind and no overthinking.
With a peaceful mind you can direct your attention in accordance with your will, to anything you want, without distractions and loss of attention.
Peace of mind is a state of inner peace, when your mind is calm, like the surface of a lake on a summer day. It is a state when you are not harassed by thoughts and worries, and you can avoid the thoughts you don’t want to think. It is a state of freedom from worries and anxieties, and from restless, negative and disturbing thoughts.
In this situation, there is calmness and happiness, better concentration, inner strength, and a heightened state of awareness. Your external life might not necessarily change, but your inner life, your mind, and your attitude would change.
How to Find Peace of Mind?
Everything you can do to quiet your mind will help you find peace of mind:
- Find the time, when you can, to spend some time, outside, in nature, in a forest, near a lake or at the beach.
- Take a walk, where you can be alone.
- Get enough sleep at night.
- When watching TV, prefer comedies and programs that make you laugh, feel happy or inspire you.
- Read inspiring quotes every day.
- Be more forgiving, and don’t harbor grudges or resentments.
- Don’t blame or criticize other people.
- Don’t postpone doing things that you have to, and which don’t like doing. Do them, and take them out of your mind.
- Be aware of your thoughts and refuse dwelling on negative thoughts or worries. Don’t fight them, but just try to express lack of interest in them.
- When feeling worried or tense, take a few deep breaths.
- Seek the company of peaceful people.
These are just a few simple tips to show you how to find peace of mind. These tips will bring some temporary inner peace when you need it, but if you wish to find a deeper and more constant and stable state of inner peace you will need to do more.
- Practice a few concentration exercises. They will improve you control of your mind and of your thoughts, making it easier to quiet your mind. Even just a few minutes a day of practicing exercises, would gradually, not only improve your focus, but make your mind quieter and bring it more under your control.
- If you want to have greater control of your mind, you will find more concentration exercises, advice and guidance in the book How to Focus Your Mind.
- Practice meditation, any form of meditation will be most helpful in quieting your mind.
- Develop some degree of inner detachment (it has nothing to do with being indifferent), so that you don’t get swayed or carried away by events, people, or what people say or do.
Peace of Mind in the Busy Daily Life
Are you often stressed and tense?
Do negative thoughts and worries harass you?
Learn how to remain calm and poised in everyday life and in stressful situations.Read More