Do you have sticky thoughts that you cannot remove from your mind?
Do you have bothering thoughts that keep running nonstop in your mind, causing you pain, but you are unable to stop?
Everyone has sticky thoughts that come in without asking permission. They are repetitive and annoying, distracting the attention, and preventing us from focusing on our work, studies, or anything else.
Often, these sticky thoughts are associated with certain feelings, which keep repeating themselves.
If these adhesive thoughts and feelings are about unpleasant matters or unpleasant memories, they cause pain and suffering.
I am sure you would rather be without them. They waste your time, distract your attention, and keep you moving in circles instead of going forward.
They also prevent you from enjoying life and living in the present. They keep your attention either dwelling in the past or worrying about the future. You are never here.
In this situation, you are hurting yourself. You are not in control of your life. You are letting your thoughts control your life, feelings and attitude.
Bothering, Sticky Thoughts Examples
Here are a few examples of bothering, disturbing and intrusive thoughts:
- Painful memories that keep repeating themselves and causing suffering.
- Replays of past events and situations in your mind.
- Asking yourself questions, such as, “why did it happen?”, “why me?”, “why did he say that?”, “What if…”.
- Thinking how would your life be if your past was different.
- Thoughts of anger, resentment or envy that keep you in their vicious circle.
- Feeling that you are victim, and being angry, because you believe that people are exploiting you.
- Thinking over and again about something someone said to you or about you.
- Just meaningless thoughts that keep repeating themselves.
These kinds of thoughts go through everyone’s mind. This seems to be very common at any age.
Other kind of sticky, disturbing thoughts are thoughts associated with painful experiences that occurred in the distant or recent past, about being bullied, breaking up, bad treatment at work, bad shopping experience, a loss, disappointment or failure.
In all these situations, the thoughts run in your mind nonstop, like a bad movie running in a loop.
Though this is a most unpleasant experience, you keep living with it. It seems to be unbreakable habit. These nonstop thoughts destroy focus and confidence, distract the attention, and weaken efficiency.
4 Ways to Get Rid of Sticky Thoughts
Here are 4 simple ways to free your mind from intrusive thoughts. They are simple, but require practice and some effort on your part.
- There is no need to continue with this situation. You can break it. You can free yourself from all these thoughts. There are various simple techniques to help you do that. One of the most efficient ways is to develop emotional detachment toward these thoughts.
- Another working technique is learning to allow into your mind only positive thoughts.
- Living in the present, which means focusing on what you are doing at the moment, and avoiding dwelling on the past or future is another way to free your mind.
- Making no place for negative thoughts require putting effort on your part, but the rewards are great.
More Examples of Bothering, Sticky Feelings
Thoughts are often associated with feelings. When you think certain thoughts, you also experience feelings associated with these thoughts. Here are a few examples of these feelings:
- Regret and quilt.
- Hurt feelings due to taking things personally.
- Feeling of failure and incompetence.
- Resentment and anger.
As thoughts arise in the mind, corresponding feelings also arise. If these thoughts are negative, they lead to negative self-talk and to self-criticism.
In all these situations, the mind works like a broken record, which keeps repeating the same tune.
Everyone has sticky thoughts. Some, experience them acutely, and others, mildly. There are people who can shake them off to a certain extent, and others can’t.
Do you wish you could let these unpleasant, and often meaningless or useless thoughts go away? Do you wish you could let them go, but feel that you cannot do so?
This, at times, might seem like torture. The good news is that you can let go of all these thoughts. There is no need to suffer.
Well, the solution requires some work on your part.
- You can get free of your sticky thoughts. You can remove the glue that sticks them to you and gain your freedom. You can stop them from taking a lot of your energy, time and energy.
- You can start focusing on progress, instead of wallowing in the same place, and letting these thoughts control your time and life.
- You can start enjoying the moment, become more aware of the world around you, and feel peace inside you.
- You can learn to let go of whatever is clouding your mind or constantly occupying your attention. There certain techniques you can use for this project.
Emotional Detachment for Happier Life
In my book, Emotional Detachment for Happier Life, I describe these techniques, and show how to use them in your everyday life, to get rid of annoying, negative and bothering thoughts and emotions.
You can learn how to let go, free yourself of bothering thoughts, and enjoy inner peace in your daily life. You deserve this right. You will find in this book simple and easy to follow advice, guidance and exercises, which will free your mind and bring you inner peace and clarity of vision.
- Imagine how free, relieved and happy you would be, if you could stay calm and poised in stressful situations.
- Think how much physical, emotional, and mental energy you could spare, if you could avoid becoming upset or angry.
- Imagine how free and calm you would feel, if you did not take everything too personally and could stop becoming upset by what people say and do.
- How great it can be if you are able to avoid dwelling on distressing or unpleasant events from your past and reliving them in your mind over and again.
- When at last, you free yourself from these sticky, annoying thoughts, you will be able to protect your physical, emotional and mental being from becoming drained out and from exhaustion.
Click on the link below, if you wish to get this book.
The book is in PDF eBook format, which you can download immediately after purchase to your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Currently, price of the eBook is $15.95 (ClickBank.Com handles the payments for us).
The eBook is available only from this website.
There are no print versions, however, you can print the eBook with a home printer after download.
Click on the link below to purchase and download Emotional Detachment for Happier Life for $15.95.
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.