Inner peace means equanimity, inner harmony, and the absence of disturbing or distracting thoughts. It means a peaceful mind that can stay calm and recollected in every situation.
Inner peace is not reserved only for yogis, hermits or monks, living in some far away place, praying or meditating all day long. It can also be attained by people living an ordinary life, who have a job, are married, and have kids.
True inner peace is independent of external conditions and circumstances. It confers tranquility, inner harmony and balance, and the ability to remain calm, undisturbed, and in control of yourself, even in difficult and unpleasant situations.
This state of mind is important not only while things move smoothly, but especially, in times of trouble, difficulties or danger. Then, it counts most.
A state of inner peace eliminates anxieties, fears and worries. It also removes negative thoughts, stress, lack of satisfaction and unhappiness. It is a state of emotional and mental poise, happiness, confidence and inner strength.
Everyone desires inner peace, even if he or she is not aware of this desire. Few realize the importance and benefits of inner peace, and still fewer know that it is a skill that can be learned.
You can continue living where you are, without making external changes in your life, and yet, attain a state inner peace.
Some might progress fast, and others at a slower pace. Some might reach far, and others not so far. However, everyone can gain, at least a certain measure of inner peace, enough to transform their lives.
20 Reasons Why Need You Inner Peace and Tranquility
- It improves your ability to focus your mind, since there will be fewer distracting thoughts.
- Calmness enables you to handle more efficiently the daily affairs of life.
- It increases your inner strength and ability to handle difficult situations.
- Its possession eliminates impatience, anger, nervousness and restlessness.
- It helps you show more patience, tolerance and tact.
- It makes you feel centered, grounded and stable.
- Being mentally and emotionally calm, helps you fall asleep easily and have a better sleep.
- You gain the ability to be emotionally and mentally unaffected by what people think or say about you.
- You gain the ability to eliminate stress, anxieties and worries.
- You enjoy happiness and a sense of bliss.
- You gain self mastery and self discipline.
- It helps you relax your body and nerves.
- The healing energies of the body work unhindered.
- Being peaceful enables you not to be swayed by events, hardships and difficulties, and to maintain inner poise, clear judgment and common sense in such situations.
- Inner peace eliminates negative, futile and restless thinking.
- It improves your relationships with other people.
- It makes life look brighter and brings forward a positive attitude toward life.
- It increases creativity the ability to solve problems.
- A peaceful mind improves the ability to meditate.
- Possessing this ability opens the gateway to enlightenment and spiritual awakening.
There are various ways to attain inner peace, such as psychological means, affirmations, visualization, yoga and meditation.
Do not underestimate the importance of inner peace and tranquility. It is of the utmost importance for everyone. Some associate it with passivity and sitting on the fence, of being inactive and being not taking action. This is a wrong concept.
Who delivers better work, someone who focuses on his work, or someone whose mind keeps wandering?
Who gets better grades, a person who stays calm during the examinations, or some who gets stressed.
You dares and embraces new opportunities, a person who is worried and stressed, or someone who thinks clearly and uses common sense.
Who is a better problem solver, someone who is full of fears and doubts, or someone who has a clear and tranquil mind?
Of course, the answer is the person with a tranquil and peaceful mind, and this can be you, if you care to train your mind.
If you wish to learn more, and find a practical guidance on this topic, written in a language everyone can understand and follow, it would be a good idea to read the books:
Image source – DepositPhotos