“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel.
Here are some of the best of Coco Chanel quotes.
Gabrielle Bonheur “Coco” Chanel was a French fashion designer and businesswoman, and the founder of the Chanel brand.
Coco Chanel was born August 19, 1883, in Saumur, France, and passed away January 10, 1971, Paris, France. From humble beginning, growing up in a convent orphanage, Coco Chanel became one of the most influential designers of all time.
Coco Chanel popularized a sporty, casual chic as the feminine standard of style, replacing the restrictive attire of the early 20th century.
In 1921, she launched here famous perfume, Chanel No. 5.
When Time magazine came out with its “100 Persons of the Century”, Chanel was the sole fashion figure to make the list.
Inspiring Coco Chanel Quotes
1. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
2. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”
3. “A women who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.”
4. “Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.”
5. “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little – if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.
6. “I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like.”
Ad - Continue reading below.
7. “I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.”
8. “There are people who have money and people who are rich.”
9. “My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.”
10. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
11. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.”
12. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”
13. “Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.”
14. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.”
15. “Everyone marries the Duke of Westminster. There are a lot of duchesses, but only one Coco Chanel.”
16. “There goes a woman who knows all the things that can be taught and none of the things that cannot be taught.”
Coco Chanel Famous Quotes
17. “If I cut my hair, others did. If I shortened my dresses, so did everyone else.”
18. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.”
19. “Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!”
20. “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.”
21. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”
22. “The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.”
Coco Chanel Quotes on Fashion and Elegance
23. “Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.”
24. “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, Fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
25. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress. Dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”
26. “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.”
27. “Fashion fades. Only style remains the same.”
28. “I was the one who changed, it wasn’t fashion. I was the one who was in fashion.”
29. “A woman can be overdressed but never over elegant.”
30. “A woman with good shoes is never ugly.”
Coco Chanel Quotes
Quotes Directory> >> Coco Chanel Quotes
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.