Thoughts, words and phrases about meditation that explain its meaning and its benefits, by Remez Sasson.
Meditation Quotes and Phrases
1. “Watching the sunset, looking at a beautiful landscape, reading an inspiring quote, or listening to relaxing music, takes your mind and your awareness away from everyday life. This is similar to meditation, and brings a sense of calmness and bliss.”
2. “When you relax your mind and let go of everything that bothers you, you begin to enjoy the taste of inner peace and freedom from restless thinking.”
3. “The body needs material food every day. The soul needs spiritual food.”
4. “In meditation, you are driver of your mind, and you decide where your attention goes.”
5. “Plant the flower of meditation, and you will enjoy the fragrance of peace of mind.”
6. “Meditation requires focused attention and both lead to serenity and tranquility.”
7. “Your mind is the an instrument that you use every day. Learn to calm it down, control it, and be in charge of it.”
8. “When you calm down your mind and direct your gaze within, you become conscious of your always-present inner Self.”
9. “Meditation practiced with interest and with love leads to results. To make progress with meditation you need to approach it with love, not regard it as an unpleasant task.”
10. “In meditation we strip ourselves of false beliefs, futile thoughts and negative mental programming.”
11. “When you sit down to meditate, a great number of thoughts try to attract your attention and make you forget your meditation. If you give in to these thoughts, you will make no progress. If you keep bringing your mind to the meditation, your thoughts will eventually give in and stop bothering you.”
12. “Meditation is the path to the world of inner freedom and bliss.”
13. “Make meditation a habit, and it would become easy, natural and pleasant to meditate.”
14. “You do not need to belong to a certain religion or go to an ashram or a monastery to meditate. You can do so wherever you are and anywhere you live.”
15. “A well-train person can meditate not just in a quiet place, but also in the most noisy and crowded places.”
16. “Focus on the present. Live in the present. Act in the present. When you do so, you are in constant meditation.”
17. “Tie your attention with resolve and intent to what you are doing, and your mind will learn to stay where you direct it.”
18. “Meditation is the act of making the seeds of spirituality in you to start sprouting and blossoming.”
19. “Your mind will always wander away, but you need always to bring it back. In this way, you train your mind to obey you, stay calm, and focus on one thought.”
20. “When the mind becomes calm, thoughts do not disturb it.”
21. “Sitting in silence is meditation. Freeing yourself from restless thoughts is meditation.”
22. “Calm the winds of your thoughts, and there will be no waves on the ocean of your mind.”
23. “Meditate daily, and soon your inner strength and mind power will grow.”
24. “A beginner needs a quiet place to meditate. Someone with more experience can meditate everywhere and under all circumstances.”
25. “As you continue to delve within, ignore thoughts and noises, your inner peace, poise and self-control would grow.”
26. “Meditation has value for a spiritual seeker, but it also has value for a businessperson, a teacher, a driver, a pilot and an athlete.”
27. “It is good to start the day with a smile. It is good to start the day with a breakfast. It is also good to start the day with meditation.”
28. “Focus within you, look into your thoughts, and then beyond them, and you will discover great truths about life.”
29. “Meditation is the means the expand your consciousness beyond the mind, beyond the body and beyond the ego.”
30. “When you direct your focus within, you begin to understand the mind, learn to control it, and expand your consciousness beyond it.”
Calming Quotes – Keeping Calm Phrases for Meditation
Quotes and phrases to use for meditation. You can use the following quotes and phrases for short meditation.
Sit down in a quiet place, choose one of the sentences below, and for a few minutes focus your attention on it. You may repeat it in your mind, think about its meaning, or try to feel that it is real for you.
1. “Calmness and tranquility are part of my life now.”
2. “I strive to keep calm throughout the day, no matter what happens around me.”
3. “As I keep meditating day after day, my mind is becoming calmer and more poised.”
4. “As the number of thoughts that run in the mind decreases, there is more happiness and freedom.”
5. “Focusing the attention on one thought keeps other thoughts away. When there are fewer thoughts there is more inner peace.”
6. “Meditation means focusing on one thought. This keeps other thoughts away.”
7. “Keeping calm helps you see everything from a broader point of view.”
8. “A calm mind makes it easier to get along better with everyone.”
9. “Meditation makes the mind calm. A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence and improves health.”
10. “When the mind is still, the clouds that hide happiness and peace go away and the sun inside you shines.”
This is the meditation quotes and phrases page.
For more quotes, please visit our quotes directory.
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, subscribe to our free newsletter to receive articles and updates.