If you have been looking for mindfulness quotes to help you on your journey to a more mindful life you have come to the right place.
People in the last few years are becoming aware of the benefits of mindfulness. Practicing mindfulness meditation expands your awareness of your thinking patterns and habits, and can help you change them. This can lead you to living a happier, saner and calmer life.
This practice can help you improve your patience and tolerance, improve your relationships, and make you a more positive, kind and compassionate person.
- In simple words, mindfulness means being aware of what is happening to you and around you right now.
- It is a way to help you stay calm and poised in every situation.
- It makes you accept your life as it is, and therefore, avoid resentment and dissatisfaction.
- It helps you stop being critical or judgmental.
Read and think about the following mindfulness quotes, let them inspire you and bring you closer to a more mindful life, more awareness, and living in the present.
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”
“Few of us ever life in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.”
– Thinking about the past ties you to the past and does not let you progress. Constantly thinking about the future prevents you from living fully in the present. You have only the present. Doing your best in the present, increases your chances of a better future. –
“Live in the now and focus on the now, because it is the only time that exists.”
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
“Pay attention to the coffee you are drinking, to the food you are eating, to the beautiful view around you. Be here and now, and your joy, happiness and calmness will be greater.”
“Paradise is not a place; it’s a state of consciousness.”
“With mindfulness, you can establish yourself in the present in order to touch the wonders of life that are available in that moment.”
– Mindfulness means focusing on what you are doing, feeling or thinking right now. It means focusing your mind on what is happening in the present moment. You do not think about the past or the future, and this fixes your attention in the present moment.-
“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”
“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.”
“He who has freed himself of the disease of ‘tomorrow’ has a chance to attain what he came here for.””
“Mindfulness isn’t difficult. We just need to remember to do it.”
-Often, there is resistance from the mind, since it does not like change. What you need to do when you build a new habit, develop a new skill or when you learn mindfulness, is to remind yourself often to practice again and again. –
“As the witnessing presence of Awareness, we stand in the background of experience; as the light of pure Knowing, we stand at its heart.”
“Stopping the endless pursuit of getting somewhere else is the perhaps most beautiful offering we can make to our spirit.”
“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
What Is Mindfulness Quotes
“Mindfulness means being aware of how you’re deploying your attention and making decisions about it, and not letting the tweet or the buzzing of your BlackBerry call your attention.”
“Watch, witness. Your body is not you; your mind is not you. You are just a pure witness.”
– Your body and your mind are tools that you, the real you, uses. You are the witness who sees the body and the mind. You are conscious of them, but you are not them. You can give them orders and tell them what to do, since you stand beyond and above them. –
“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.”
Quotes on the Importance of Mindfulness
“Mindfulness practice means that we commit fully in each moment to be present; inviting ourselves to interface with this moment in full awareness, with the intention to embody as best we can an orientation of calmness, mindfulness, and equanimity right here and right now.”
“Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.”
“The things that matter most in our lives are not fantastic or grand. They are moments when we touch one another.”
“Open the window of your mind. Allow the fresh air, new lights and new truths to enter.”
– Quite often, the mind is like a room with closed windows and doors. If you wish to progress, expand your awareness, rise above the ego and small thoughts, you need to open the windows and doors of your mind, and let fresh ideas and new truth enter inside.-
“By breaking down our sense of self-importance, all we lose is a parasite that has long infected our minds. What we gain in return is freedom, openness of mind, spontaneity, simplicity, altruism: all qualities inherent in happiness.”
“Focusing your attention on what you are thinking or doing, brings forth better ideas and increases the efficiency of your actions.”
“Our own worst enemy cannot harm us as much as our unwise thoughts. No one can help us as much as our own compassionate thoughts.”
Practicing Mindfulness Quotes
“Wherever you are, be there totally.”
– This is the essence of being mindful, to be here, aware of yourself and of your actions. Focusing your attention and energy on the present. This attitude, improves your focus, and awaken happiness and peace within you. –
“Mindfulness is about love and loving life. When you cultivate this love, it gives you clarity and compassion for life, and your actions happen in accordance with that.”
“Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer.”
– There is a small space between thoughts, a gap of silence and quietude. If you focus on it, it will grow, and you will experience the quietness of no-thinking. In this quietness, if you observe the one who is experiencing this silence, you will discover your real I. –
“Pay attention to what you are doing now. Do not do one thing, while at the same time thinking of something else.”
“Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen and you will find yourself everywhere.””
“Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
“Mindfulness enables you to direct your awareness to the present moment. It helps you focus on the here and now, become more present, and more aware of what is happening in your life.”
“While meditating we are simply seeing what the mind has been doing all along.”
Pick out the quotes you like and read them often. They will change how you see the world and widen your awareness.
Quotes Directory >> Mindfulness Quotes