How do you feel at the end of the day? Do you feel satisfied that you managed to do everything you wanted to do, or are you frustrated because you wasted your time?
Do you manage your time properly?
Often, we don’t make any plans for the day. We simply handle each task we face at the moment, or if we can, we postpone it for some future time.
This behavior is not the correct way of action. We need to plan our day, prioritize certain tasks, and put for later others.
I have compiled here a few simple and important steps for managing your time correctly.
“Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
15 Time Management Tips
- Determine what exactly you want to do. This will save you a lot of time and help you focus on your goal or task.
- If you have a lot of things to do, set your priorities first. Move the important things to the top of your list
- Accept the fact that sometimes, you might need to to give up doing other, less important activities.
- Plan in advance, in a detailed manner, what you want to do. Aim at achievable goals and set reasonable amount of time to deal with each step.
- Write down in the evening what things you wish to do the next day.
- Be reasonable with your tasks, the number of goals, and the plans you undertake to accomplish.
- Take your time to do a good job. Don’t hurry. A good job is done slowly.
- Weed out from your schedule what is unessential and not important.
- Display willpower if necessary in handling your tasks.
- Exercise self-discipline and perseverance in everything you do .
- Develop the persistence habit. Don’t quit if things are tough or when you face delays or obstacles.
- Focus on what you are doing. Good concentration is a most important skill for managing your time and for achieving success.
- Train yourself at ignoring distractions. It is difficult to avoid distractions, since they are present everywhere. However, if you strive over and again, to focus on what you are doing, your ability to ignore what is unrelated to your current goal will grow.
- Go through to the finish line whatever you start doing. Giving up is not an option.
- Focus on the feeling of happiness and joy whenever you complete any task or goal.
Though simple, these are useful time management tips. Try to use as many of them in your everyday life.
Time management is not an arduous activity. If you look at it as an unpleasant task it will be so. Better treat it as a way for improving your life and bringing more pleasure and happiness into your life.
Time management should not be approached as an unpleasant task or as an ordeal.
Do your best, but if you don’t find the time for doing what you planned to do, don’t feel bad about it, and don’t consider yourself a failure. There is tomorrow, and there is after tomorrow.
Do your best, without tension and anxiety and without fear that you won’t be able to accomplish your time management goals.
Remember, life is not only work, it is also fun, pleasure, having a good time, exercising your body, eating well and having enough sleep. You should take all these into your time management planning, as well as devoting time to self improvement, meditation and inner growth.
Time Management Quotes
“Time is the most valuable coin in your life. You and you alone will determine how that coin will be spent. Be careful that you don’t let other people spend it for you.”
– John Dryden
Take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves.
– Lord Chesterfield
Ad - Continue reading below.
Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment. That is what’s real.
– Sara Paddison
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
– Laertius Diogenes
To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.
– Eva Young
More time management quotes.