The Power of Affirmations and Positive Statements
By Remez Sasson
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, habit or goal. They are usually short sentences, and are repeated often, for the purpose of impressing them on the subconscious mind and trigger it into action, to bring the desired situation, habit or goal into fruition.
The act of repeating the affirmations, motivates, inspires, and programs the mind to act according to the repeated words.
This process triggers the subconscious mind to strive and to work on one's behalf, to make the positive statements come true.
Affirmations are very useful for building new habits, improving yourself and your life, and for achieving success.
Actually, most people use affirmations in their daily life, though they are not aware of what they are doing. They mostly repeat negative affirmations. If you have been telling yourself in your mind, how unhappy you are, unable to study, do not have enough money, or how difficult life is, you have been repeating negative affirmations.
Most people repeat in their minds negative words and statements concerning the negative situations and events in their lives, and consequently, create undesirable situations. Words work at both ways, to build or destroy. It is the way we use them that determines whether they are going to bring good or harmful results.
Positive Affirmations in Everyday Life
Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying, and it attracts corresponding events and situations into your life. So why not choose only positive statements, so you create positive results?
Imagine that you are swimming with your friends in a swimming pool.
They swim fifteen rounds, something you have never done before, and since you want to win their respect, you want to show them that you can make it too.
You start swimming, and at the same time keep repeating in your mind, "I can do it, I can do it...". You keep thinking and believing that you are going to complete the fifteen rounds.
What are you actually doing? You are repeating positive affirmations.
In a different situation, you might find yourself repeating:
- "I cannot do this"
- "It's too big for me"
- "It is not going to work out"
If you repeat these words, you lose ambition, motivation and faith, and ultimately, what you fear and keep telling yourself become true. It is therefore important that you teach yourself to think constructive thoughts and repeat positive words instead.
People use words to think. Most people have inner conversations about their problems, difficulties, and the obstacles they meet. This is like repeating negative affirmations. This makes the problems and difficulties more acute and unpleasant.
Instead, it is wiser to have positive inner conversations. Repeat words and thoughts about finding solutions, improving, and winning.
Positive affirmations is a great tool to use in your everyday life, to motivate, inspire, and give you strength.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Learn how to use affirmations to improve your life, achieve your dreams and change your habits.
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every purpose, with all the instructions to make them work.
The Importance of Positive Affirmations
It would be a good idea to pay attention to the words you repeat in your mind, to discover whether you are using negative statements, such as:
- I cannot do this.
- I am too lazy.
- I lack inner strength.
- I am going to fail.
If you discover that these, or similar words, run through your mind, you should do something to change them. You need to replace them positive words.
Your words and thoughts program the mind in the same way that commands and scripts program a computer.
You can reprogram your mind, in the same way that you can install a new program on your computer.
Repeating positive affirmations and statements helps you focus your mind on your aim. They also create corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which affect the subconscious mind accordingly. In this way, you program your subconscious in accordance with your will. This process is similar to the way creative visualization works.
The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge and helps you to change situations and circumstance and achieve goals.
By using this process consciously and intently, you influence your subconscious mind, and in turn, it transforms your habits, behavior, attitude, and reactions, and even reshape your external life.
How long does it take to get results? This is difficult to answer. Things might happen immediately, in a few hours, in a few days, or take weeks or longer. This depends on your focus, faith, strength of desire, the feelings you put into the words, and on how big or small your goal is.
Avoid Neutralizing the Words You Are Repeating
It is important to understand that repeating positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. If you want to get positive results you have to refuse to think negative thoughts. Simply, think positively whenever negative thoughts invade your mind.
How to Repeat Positive Affirmations
- It is better to repeat positive affirmations that are not too long.
- Repeat them often. You can do so when you are not busy with something that requires your attention, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking, etc. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes, several times a day. Be careful not repeat them while driving or crossing a street.
- Be as relaxed as you can while repeating the words.
- Pay full attention to the words you are repeating.
- Believe what you repeating, and feel that your desire or goal has already come true, or is in the process of becoming true. This will bring faster results.
- Preferably, choose positive words with no negative connotations. If you want to lose weight, don't use words such as, "I am not fat", or "I am losing weight." These are negative statements, bringing into the mind mental images of what you do not want. Repeat instead, "I am getting slim", or "I have my ideal weight". Such words build positive images in your mind.
- Use the present tense in your affirmations, not the future tense. Saying, "I will be rich", means that you intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future, but not now. It is more effective to say, and also to feel, "I am rich now", and the subconscious mind will work to make this happen now, in the present.
- When you state what you want to be true in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true, irrespective of your current circumstances, and thereby, attract it into your life.
25 Positive Affirmations for Daily Life
1. I am healthy and happy.
2. Wealth is pouring into my life.
3. I am sailing on the river of wealth.
4. I am getting wealthier each day.
5. My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.
6. I have a lot of energy.
7. I study and comprehend fast.
8. My mind is calm.
9. I am calm and relaxed in every situation.
10. I am at peace with myself and the world.
11. I forgive myself for all the mistakes I have done.
12. My thoughts are under my control.
13. I radiate love and happiness.
14. I am surrounded by love.
15. I have the perfect job for me.
16. I am living in the house of my dreams.
17. I have good and loving relations with my wife/husband.
18. I have a wonderful and satisfying job.
19. I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.
20. I am successful in whatever I do.
21. Everything is getting better every day.
22. My mind are filled with positivity and my life is full with joy.
23. I think positive thoughts that attract happiness and prosperity into my life.
24. My efforts are fruitful, and all my plans turn out even better than I expected.
25. I have plenty of inspiration, motivation and courage, which help me achieve everything i want.
Choose the positive affirmations of your choice from this list, begin repeating them in accordance with the instructions set here, and you will see how your life is beginning to improve.
If you want more information about this fascinating topic, understand how this power works, and learn how to use it correctly, I recommend that you read my book, Affirmations Words of Power. This book will teach you everything you need to know to make this power work in your life.