What Does Affirmation Mean?
If you are wondering what does affirmation mean, here are a few definitions:
- It is a short sentence that motivates, inspires and encourages you to take action and to realize your goals.
- It is a sentence that you repeat often, in order to imprint it on your subconscious mind. This repetition can change your habits, behavior and point of view.
- Words and thoughts have power. When you repeat them often, they can, in various ways, affect and make changes in your environment.
- It is a positive thought and belief that can change your thought patterns and overcome negative self talk.
How can we define the words ‘affirm’?
The word affirm means to state that something is true.
If you wish to understand better the meaning of the words affirm and affirmations, we need to define them clearly, and then provide some examples. A clear definition helps you understand them better.
What Are Affirmations
As stated earlier, the word affirmations is derived from the verb ‘affirm’ – to state that something is true.
Affirmations are sentences aimed to affect and program the conscious and the subconscious minds, so that in turn, they change our behavior, thinking patterns, habits and environment.
The words composing the affirmation, often, bring up related mental images into the mind, which inspire, energize and motivate.
The words you repeat, and the resultant mental images, get engraved on the subconscious mind, which in turn, changes the behavior, habits, actions and reactions according to the repeated words.
Definition of the word ‘affirm’
Let’s define the word ‘affirm’.
Affirm definition: – This word means: To state that something is real and true. It means that we confirm the reality of a goal, situation or action.
Definition of the word affirm, according to Cambridge dictionary: “To state something as true.”
Merriam Webster dictionary defines its meaning as:
“To state positively.”
“To assert as valid or confirmed.”
“To show or express a strong belief in or dedication to something, such as an important idea.”
Ad - Continue reading below.
In Collins Dictionary – Affirm Definition – is: “If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.”
What Affirmations Do?
- They motivate.
- They keep the mind focused on the goal.
- Their words influence the subconscious mind and activate its powers to help you achieve your goals.
- The repeated act of affirming changes the way you think and behave and interaction with the world.
- They are positive statements that make you feel positive, energetic and active, and therefore, put you in a better position to transform your inner and external worlds and make them better.
When and How to Repeat Affirmations
- Devote some special times during the day for repeating them.
- Repeat them wherever you are, and whenever you want and have the time.
- Use the present tense, because you want results now, not in the future.
- Before starting, ask yourself whether you really want to get what you want to affirm for. If you have doubts and are not really sure that you want it, your doubts will stand in your way. This is one of the reasons why people do not get results, and then lose their belief in this power.
- Affirm with love, faith, feeling and interest, and feel and believe that your desire has already been fulfilled. This kind of thinking will accelerate the fulfillment of your goal.
It is natural for the mind to bring up doubts and negative thoughts, especially if your current environment and situation are very different from what you want to achieve.
If this happens, persevere, and do not let your negative thoughts and doubts conquer you.
You will find a list of positive affirmations for success, happiness, health, money and finding a job. Choose the ones you like and give them a try.
Affirmations for Success
- It is easy and simple to achieve success.
- Success loves me and always seeks me.
- Success is flowing now into my life.
- The power of the Universe is helping me to achieve my goals.
- Whatever I do, I get positive results.
- Every time I inhale, I fill myself with the energy of prosperity.
- I have the power to create the life I want.
You can find more affirmations examples for success, and for many other goals, in the book, Affirmations – Words with Power.
Affirmations for Happiness
- I am letting happiness manifest in my life.
- I deserve to be happy right now.
- Happiness always seeks me.
- I feel happy and clam in every situation.
- I allow only happy thoughts into my mind.
- I am developing the happiness habit
- Happiness is welling from inside me day and night.
Affirmations for Health
- All the systems of my body are functioning perfectly.
- My body is infused with the energy of health.
- The healing energies of the Universe are filling my body and mind.
- The healing energy of health is filling every cell of my body.
- Day by day my health is improving.
- I am feeling healthy, strong and energetic.
Affirmations for Money
- Plenty of money is flowing now into my life.
- Every day, I am getting more and more money.
- I am a money magnet.
- The amount in my bank account is growing every day.
- I am constantly finding new ways to make money.
- I have a prosperous and successful business.
- Many money channels are opening for me.
- I am now earning a lot of money.
Affirmations for a Job
- I am attracting the perfect job for me.
- I have found the perfect job for me.
- I love my job and enjoy doing it.
- I am very satisfied with the work I am doing.”
- I have a job that is earning me a lot of money.
- I am satisfied and happy with my job and the money I am earning.
Now that you know the meaning of affirmations, it is time to begin working with them.
Do they work? Do they bring real results? They do, but you need to prove to yourself that they work, by using them.
You need to learn how to use them and then make them work for you. You do so, by starting using them in your everyday life.
You do not improve your life by just reading about them. It serves no purpose if you just believe or do not believe that they work. You need to use them.
The important thing is to prove to yourself that they work, by using them to improve your life and get results. This requires not just reading or playing with theories, but actual work on your part.
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.