What Does Affirmation Mean? What are affirmations?
If you are wondering what does affirmation mean, here are a few definitions:
- It is a short sentence that motivates, inspires, and encourages you to take action and realize your goals.
- It is a sentence you repeat often to imprint it on your subconscious mind. This repetition can change your habits, behavior, and point of view.
- Words and thoughts have power. When you repeat them often, they can, in various ways, affect and make changes in your environment.
- It is a positive thought and belief that can change your thought patterns and overcome negative self-talk.
How can we define the words ‘affirm’?
The word affirm means to state that something is true.
If we wish to understand better the meaning of affirm and affirmations, we need to define them clearly, and then provide some examples. A clear definition helps you understand them better.
What Are Affirmations
What does affirmation mean?
As said earlier, the word affirmation is derived from the verb ‘affirm’ – to state that something is true.
Affirmations are statements that aim to affect and program the conscious and the subconscious minds and change our behavior, thinking patterns, habits, and environment. Statements
The words composing the affirmation often bring related mental images to mind, which inspire, energize and motivate.
The words you repeat, and the resultant mental images, get engraved on the subconscious mind, changing the behavior, habits, actions, and reactions according to the repeated words.
Definition of the Word ‘Affirm’
Let’s define the word ‘affirm’.
Affirm definition: – This word means: To state that something is real and true. It means that we confirm the reality of a goal, situation, or action.
Definition of the word affirm, according to Cambridge dictionary: “To state something as true.”
Merriam Webster dictionary defines its meaning as:
“To state positively.”
“Assert as valid or confirmed.”
“To show or express a strong belief in or dedication to something, such as an important idea.”
In Collins Dictionary – Affirm Definition – is: “If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.”
What Affirmations Do?
- They motivate.
- They keep the mind focused on the goal.
- Their words influence the subconscious mind and activate its powers to help you achieve your goals.
- The repeated act of affirming changes the way you think, behave, and interact with the world.
- They are positive statements that make you feel positive, energetic, and active, putting you in a better position to transform your inner and external worlds and make them better.
When and How to Repeat Affirmations
- Devote some special times during the day for repeating them.
- Repeat them wherever you are and whenever you want and have the time.
- Use the present tense, because you want results now, not in the future.
- Before starting, ask yourself whether you really want to achieve that particular goal. If you have doubts and are not really sure that you want it, your doubts will stand in your way.
- Affirm with love, faith, feeling, and interest, and feel and believe that your desire has already been fulfilled. This kind of thinking will accelerate the fulfillment of your goal.
It is natural for the mind to bring up doubts and negative thoughts, especially if your current environment and situation differ greatly from what you want to achieve.
If this happens, persevere, and do not let your negative thoughts and doubts conquer you.
Here is a list of positive affirmations examples for success, happiness, health, money, and finding a job.
You can choose the ones you like and give them a try.
Daily Affirmations – Success
- It is easy and simple to achieve success.
- Success loves me and always seeks me.
- Success is flowing now into my life.
- The power of the Universe is helping me to achieve my goals.
- Whatever I do, I get positive results.
- Every time I inhale, I fill myself with the energy of prosperity.
- I have the power to create the life I want.
Daily Affirmations for Happiness
- I am letting happiness manifest in my life.
- I deserve to be happy right now.
- Happiness always seeks me.
- I feel happy and calm in every situation.
- I allow only happy thoughts into my mind.
- Happiness is flowing from inside me day and night.
- I am developing the happiness habit
Affirmations for Health
- All the systems of my body are functioning perfectly.
- My body is infused with the energy of health.
- The healing energies of the Universe are filling my body and mind.
- The healing energy of health is filling every cell of my body.
- Day by day, my health is improving.
- I am feeling healthy, strong, and energetic.
- Plenty of money is flowing now into my life.
- Every day, I am getting more and more money.
- I am a money magnet.
- The amount in my bank account is growing every day.
- I am constantly finding new ways to make money.
- I have a prosperous business.
- Many money channels are opening for me.
- I am now earning a lot of money.
- I am attracting the perfect job for me.
- Now, I am working at the perfect job for me.
- I love my job and enjoy doing it.
- My job brings me much joy and satisfaction.”
- I have a job that is earning me a lot of money.
- I am satisfied and happy with my job and the money I am earning.
- My work is most rewarding in satisfaction and money.
“Every thought we think is creating our future.” – Louise Hay
Now that you know the meaning of affirmations, it is time to begin working with them.
You can find more affirmation examples for success, and for many other goals, in the book Affirmations – Words with Power.