By Remez Sasson
Being motivated is important for anything you do, whether it is studying or making friends, learning a foreign language or bodybuilding, starting a new career or improving your financial condition. It is also important for success with self improvement and success in meditation. It is a driving force that is required for anything you do, small or big.
Motivation is the driving force that keeps you energized and focused on your goal. It gives you the inner strength to go on and do whatever is required to achieve goals.
From what I see and hear from people, many lack motivation, and this leads to laziness, lack of ambition and to dissatisfaction. In order to achieve anything, one has to strengthen the motivation.
How can you strengthen your motivation?
Imagination and thoughts are strong factors in this respect. Visualizing what you would like to do or achieve, or repeating affirmations increase motivation, but you have to be careful not to think contradictory thoughts. It is no use visualizing or affirming for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day.
Here are a few suggestions for strengthening your motivation:
1. Start with small goals. Later you can try strengthening your motivation in regard to bigger goals.
2. Choose something you would really like to do.
3. Choose reasonable goals at the beginning, as it is easier to strengthen the motivation with such goals. Later, you can try to strengthen your motivation regarding goals that now seem impossible for you.
4. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help.
5. Visualize your goal as already accomplished and close your mind to contrary thoughts.
7. While visualizing, feel the joy you will get upon accomplishing your goal.
8. Whenever you have doubts, replace them with positive thoughts, and if this is difficult, engage yourself in doing something that diverts your attention to something else.
9. Read books or articles about successful people.
10. Never give up, even if it seems to you to be a hopeless situation.