Someone has asked me how to use affirmations for winning tennis matches.
“I have a question about power of affirmations. I play tennis, and try to apply it while, and even before I start playing the game, telling myself that “I will win this match” repetitively.
“I have a moderate success with that, but I lose many times than I expect. I know my opponent is not a better player than I am. I practice a lot too. What do you think I should do? What kind of affirmations I should have?
“Please also advise on how to phrase my affirmation. Should I say, “I will win all my matches”, or should I say, “opponent, you are losing this game”? Which is better?”
Read my reply below.
You can use both visualization and affirmations to program your mind to win in a tennis match.
Do the following for a few days before the match:
1. Find a place where you can be alone for a few minutes, close your eyes, and visualize yourself playing tennis like a pro. Feel how good you are and that you are a winner. See yourself winning the game and feeling good and happy.
2. Repeat several times the following affirmations:
- I am winning this game.
- I am a great tennis player.
- It is so easy to win this game.
- “I am giving my best in this game.
- I am playing tennis like a pro.
- I get all shots, anywhere on the tennis court.
- I am hitting back all balls and winning the game.
When starting the tennis match, and during the game, repeat one or more of the above-mentioned affirmations.
Following the above advice can help you play better and also improve your chances of winning the game. This does not mean that you will always win, because your opponent might be in a better shape, play better, or use the same tactics of visualization and affirmations.
As to your other question, it is useless to phrase the affirmation in the words, “opponent – you are losing this game”. These words will not help you, and most probably would not affect your opponent. You are not an hypnotist trying to hypnotize your opponent neither are you a magician.
It is better to repeat affirmations that can affect favorably your own mind and your playing skills.
Visualization and affirmations are more and more used in sports nowadays, and what has been said about tennis, also applies to all other sports. You can use affirmations for bodybuilding, swimming, football, basket ball and other kind of sport.
Affirmations for Bodybuilding
- I have the discipline and willpower build my muscles.
- My body is getting the muscular shape I want
- Day by day my muscles are getting stronger.
- Each time I workout, I am building up my muscles.
Affirmations for Running
- I am running very fast.
- I am improving my running style every day.
- I am the fastest runner on the field.
- I run fast and come first in every match.
These affirmations give you an idea on how to phrase your affirmations. You can rephrase the affirmations to suit the kind of sport you pursue.
To learn more about affirmations and how to use them effectively in sports and in every area of life, I recommend that you read my book Affirmations Words with Power.
Learn to plant Seeds of Success in Your Mind!
Discover How to Improve Your Life with Affirmations
Thank you for reading! To support my website and work, please click on the button below! Thanks in advance!