Do you use your imagination constructively?
Imagination is not only for dreamers. It is a very useful and necessary tool in every area of life.
There are people, who think that the imagination is useless, impractical and a waste of time. The truth is that even if they think so, knowingly or unknowingly, they use it often. Everyone uses his or her imagination every day, even the most practical people.
I am not talking about daydreaming here, which has its uses in certain situations. I am talking about using the imagination in other ways.
You Use Your Imagination often
You use your imagination in many situations. Here are a few:
- What do you do when you read a book? Most often, without being aware, you visualize the scene, the actions, and the people you are reading about.
- When you have a problem to solve, you visualize various kinds possible solutions.
- When you explain to someone how to arrive to a certain place, you visualize the road, where to turn, where to cross a street, and you also visualize the destination.
- Often , unconsciously, you see in your mind the steps necessary to take, when you have a task or chore to accomplish.
- You use your imagination when you think about a date or a party, when preparing for an interview, or when you plan your vacation.
- Most people enjoy daydreaming. This means using the imagination to imagine scenes or events in the mind. When this ability is used constructively it can bring positive results into one’s life.
- You also use your imagination when you create or invent something, write, paint or make plans.
These are just few of the instances, where you use your imagination.
There are also negative uses of the imagination, such as when you are worried and visualize all kinds of problems and difficulties. This kind of imagination needs to be discouraged.
Imagination is also most useful for creative visualization, which some people refer to as the law of attraction, and about which you can find many articles here, at this website.
There are a few more important requirements, but the clearer the mental image that you can create in your mind, the faster you would accomplish your goal. I have written at length about imagination and visualization in my book Visualize and Achieve.
As you see, you visualize, even if your mental images are not clear. This can be improved with visualization exercises.
The Power of Imagination