All of us want to learn effective ways and strategies that will help us achieve goals.
When I speak of goals, I mean any kind of goal, not just career, possessions or money.
To achieve your goals, you need to be keen on making progress are willing to try almost everything.
In this article, I would like to suggest a few simple strategies that you can easily adopt. You might have read about some of them elsewhere, but it is always useful to read over and again, even things that you well know.
There are various goal achieving strategies, which you can find in articles and in books. Different strategies are suitable for different goals and for different people.
In this article, I would like to focus on strategies to help you achieve any kind of goal. The approach and attitude are similar, no matter what it is that you want.
Always remember, reading is not enough, you need to practice these strategies.
Strategies to Help You Achieve Your Goals
You might have heard this advice elsewhere, but it is always a good thing to repeat it.
1. Find out what is it that you want to achieve.
Write a one-sentence definition of your goal. Work on this sentence until it is clear and to the point.
When the goal is clear it becomes easier to achieve it and you now what you need to do.
Unclear thinking can hurt motivation and might take you on the wrong path. Writing down your goal makes it definite and clear.
2. Keep your the definition of your goal handy
Keep a sheet of paper with the definition of your goal near your bed.
Read this sentence several times before falling asleep at night, and also upon waking up in the morning.
3. Use your imagination to visualize your goal
Visualize your goal for some minutes, several times a day. In your mind’s eye see your goal as achieved or in the process of being achieved.
Try to make the image in your mind clear. If you find it difficult to visualize, just do your best, even if the image is hazy and unclear.
4. Expectant attitude
Keep an expectant attitude and an open mind. This will help you become more attentive and aware of useful ideas and opportunities.
Create a unique life with our unique eBooks.
An expectant attitude means that you expect success and do not entertain doubts about it in your mind.
5. Willpower, discipline and perseverance
Exercise your willpower and self-discipline to keep your focus on the goal, and to stick with your resolve to succeed.
Do not let anything distract you or make you deviate from your goal. This might not be easy, but it is a must.
6. Continue despite obstacles
Go on, even if there are obstacles on the way or you see no progress. Do not allow anything to discourage you. Those who persevere succeed.
Even people who rose high in their chosen field experienced failure, but they did not allow it to affect them. If they fell, they rose up again.
7. Silence is power
Do not talk too much about what you want to achieve. Focus on doing things, not on talking.
Too much talking with others about your desires and goals dissipate your inner powers.
Learn to channel your energy toward achieving your goal, not to talking, bragging, and telling everyone what you want to do.
Example for Using the Strategies
Let’s take a simple goal.
Suppose you wish to learn to speak Italian. What steps should you take to ensure that you will have at least a basic understanding of the language?
- Your definition of your goal is: “I want to learn speaking Italian.”
- Write this goal on a piece of paper or make a note in your phone that you want to learn Italian. Look at this note often during the day.
- Every day, devote a few minutes to imagine yourself speaking the language fluently.
- Always expect that you will learn fast and easily, and that you will know the language well.
- Find a teacher or an online course, and start studying. Do not miss lessons, do your homework, and do even more than required. You can also keep on studying on your own, in your spare time.
- Continue, even if you are busy, cannot find time, or if you face distractions.
- Keep studying, devoting time and energy, until you can speak the language.
The above will give you the notion on how to proceed, no matter what your goal is.
These are a few basic strategies to help you achieve your goals. Do not ignore them because of their simplicity.
If you wish to learn more about success, achieving goals and using visualization, read Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams, where you will find practical information, strategies, guidance and advice.