How do you start your day? Do you start your day with happiness or with sadness, with joy or with anger?
How you start your day, can affect the rest of your day. You can bring happiness into your life, by doing some small and simple things in the morning that will boost your happiness.
You might not always be able to change situations or change people, but you can change your attitude toward them and how you feel about them. You can have control of what to expect, what to do and how to start your day. This would improve your life, and bring you more happiness and satisfaction every day.
Starting your day with happiness, sets the mood for the day.
10 Tips to Help You Start Your Day with Happiness
1. Wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual. This will give you some free time in the morning and reduce the rush and the stress.
2. After waking up, sit on your bed, and repeat in your mind several times the following sentences, “Today is a wonderful day. Today is a great day. There is a lot of happiness today”.
3. Begin your day with the expectation of a great and wonderful day.
For at least a little while, don’t focus on your problems. Just forget your problems, and enjoy the feeling of having a wonderful day, even if you cannot see how this can happen.
Most people let their circumstances dictate to them what to think, feel and expect. You can reverse this process. Choose your own thoughts and feelings, irrespective of what is happening in your life. Eventually, if you persevere, your life will change accordingly.
4. Find a few minutes in the morning to stretch and exercise your body.
5. Eat breakfast before you go to work. If you get up a little earlier, you will have the time to prepare breakfast before going to work. When you are not hungry, you feel better and happier.
6. Find at least a few minutes, listen to your favorite music in the morning. You can do so while dressing up, preparing breakfast, while eating, or on the way to work.
7. Devote a few moments to reading some inspiring quotes before you go out. You can find many inspiring quotes at the quotes directory, here, at this website.
8. Get out of home a little earlier than usual. This will take away the stress of being late to work. You will not have to run to the bus, feel stressed and nervous in traffic jams, or arrive to work tired and irritated.
9. Smile more often, even for no apparent reason. Smiling will make you feel better. However, smile naturally and politely, but do not overdo it. You will be surprised at how this will affect the people around you and how they treat you. When you smile, people around you will feel happier, and become kinder and more helpful.
10. Do every day, some small acts that will make you feel happy, like talking with one of your friends, walking in the park, buying a slice of cake on the way to work, or buying a gift for your husband, wife or child.
Other activities could be reading a book when you return home from work, or going to the gym in the afternoon or evening.
Starting your day with happiness can fill your whole day with happiness.
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
“Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.”
– Valerie Bertinelli
Learn How Affirmations Can Improve your life
Find out how to use affirmations effectively for improving your life and achieving your dreams. Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every purpose, with instructions to make them work.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.