How do you start your day? Do you start your day with happiness or with sadness, with joy or with anger?
How you start your day, can affect the rest of your day. You can bring happiness into your life, by doing some small and simple things in the morning that will boost your happiness.
You might not always be able to change situations or change people, but you can change your attitude toward them and how you feel about them. You can have control of what to expect, what to do and how to start your day. This would improve your life, and bring you more happiness and satisfaction every day.
Starting your day with happiness, sets this mood for the day. If you encounter problems or difficulties, which is most likely, or stress starts building up, remember the happiness you felt in the morning.
How to start your day with happiness? Read on to find out.
10 Tips to Help You Start Your Day with Happiness
1. Wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual. This will give you some free time in the morning and reduce the rush and the stress.
2. After waking up, sit on your bed, and repeat in your mind several times the following sentences, “Today is a wonderful day. Today is a great day. I am going to enjoy a lot of happiness today”.
Forget your problems while repeating these words.
3. Begin your day with the expectation of a great and wonderful day.
Awaken within you the belief of having a wonderful day, even if you cannot see how this is going to happen.
Most people let their circumstances dictate to them what to think, feel and expect. You can reverse this process. Choose your own thoughts and feelings, irrespective of what is happening in your life. Eventually, if you persevere, your life will change accordingly.
4. Find a few minutes in the morning to stretch and exercise your body.
5. Eat breakfast before you go to work. If you get up a little earlier, you will have the time to prepare breakfast before going to work. When you are not hungry, you feel better and happier.
6. Find at least a few minutes, to listen to your favorite music in the morning. You can do so while dressing up, preparing breakfast, while eating, or on the way to work.
7. Devote a few moments to reading some inspiring quotes before you go out. You can find many inspiring quotes at the quotes directory, here, at this website.
8. Get out of home a little earlier than usual. This will take away the stress of being late to work. You will not have to run to the bus, feel stressed and nervous in traffic jams, or arrive to work tired and irritated.
9. Smile more often, even for no apparent reason. Smiling will make you feel better. However, smile naturally and politely, but do not overdo it. You will be surprised at how this will affect the people around you and how they treat you. When you smile, people around you will feel happier, and become kinder and more helpful.
10. Do every day, some small acts that will make you feel happy, like talking with one of your friends, walking in the park, buying a slice of cake on the way to work, or buying a gift for your husband, wife or child.
Other activities could be reading a book when you return home from work, or going to the gym in the afternoon or evening.
Starting your day with happiness can fill your whole day with happiness.
Create a unique life with our unique eBooks.
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
“Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.”
– Valerie Bertinelli