Are you satisfied with your life? If you are not satisfied, what are you doing to change the situation?
Do you believe that you cannot do anything, and therefore, you have to accept things as they are?
Maybe you think it is too difficult to make changes, because there are too many obstacles that discourage you of even trying.
The truth is that you can improve the quality of your life. You can do so, even without having any special goals. Even small changes count.
Making small changes in your life is easier and faster then making big changes, and they give you the motivation and encouragement to make bigger changes.
In this article, I would like to focus on a few simple tips and actions that can improve your life in a little way, and make you feel more satisfied.
I am not speaking about major changes, such as a career change, moving to another city, or doing things that require a lot of money, time and effort.
The aim of these tips is not to help you make big changes in your life, but small changes, which you can easily initiate. I am referring to small things, which are mostly under your control, and therefore, there is no reason why you should not be able to make them.
I am offering 6 tips in this article. Why only 6? There is no special reason. You can add as many as you want.
Tips for Making Small Changes in Your, to Make Life More Interesting
1) Wake up each morning, 30 minutes earlier than usual. You may go to sleep 30 minutes earlier the previous night, to have enough sleeping hours.
What would you gain by waking up 30 minutes earlier?
You will have time for meditation, breakfast, or for reading a book (not a newspaper). This will certainly make you more relaxed during your day, at least for a few hours.
If you are always late to work, and this causes you stress and tension, you will be able to start earlier on your way to work, and you would therefore, not be late.
Ad - Continue reading below.
2) Have a tasty, pleasant breakfast. A lot of people hurry to work, just having a cup of coffee, bread with something, or cereals. If you set aside a few more minutes for your breakfast, and eat without hurry, you will enjoy it more, and feel great afterwards.
3) Find 5-10 minutes to be alone in the morning, before you go to work. If you can’t do that at home, then sit in your car, before you drive to work, or at the parking lot at work.
Use the the time to think about what you want to do today for yourself. Think about the small things you can do today to improve your life, or about things that can add joy to your life. For better results, have a pen and a sheet of paper handy, to write this down.
It is important that you don’t feel frustrated, if you couldn’t do everything wrote down. Just stay calm and positive, and try to do tomorrow, what you didn’t do today.
4) Eat at regular times. Do not skip a meal or postpone it for later because you are too busy.
Eating on time is important for your health. Besides, when hungry, it is easy to get angry and nervous.
Exercise self discipline and stop what you are doing and have a meal. Sometimes, people just can’t stop what they are doing, or want to do more before having a break. Eventually they get edgy because their body did not get on time the nourishment it needs.
5) Shorten your daily TV intake! Shorten the hours you sit in front of your TV. Don’t turn your mind into mashed potatoes. Be more selective with the programs you watch and the time you spend watching TV.
6) Do ordinary things in a different way. This will help you develop the ability to make bigger changes in your life and put more interest into your life. This behavior will also bring new opportunities into your life.
Here are a few examples:
- Eat a different breakfast in the morning.
- Take a different route to work.
- Choose to watch a TV program that you never watch (a program that adds to your knowledge and understanding).
- Go to a new restaurant, where you have never eaten before.
- Talk with a neighbor or someone at work, whom you usually try to avoid.
You can add anything else you can think of to this list of tips. The changes you make, will add interest and zest into your life, and would awaken the desire to do bigger things. Your faith that you can make changes and improvements will also grow.
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
– Maya Angelou
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Do you want to make changes and improvements in your life? Read about the book Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams.
Image source – DepositPhotos
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.