Do you sometimes feel that you don’t have the strength to act with resolution and strength?
Do you feel helpless in certain situations?
Do you feel that people often take advantage of you, and you cannot resist them?
Are you shy or lack self-confidence in certain situations, at work, at home, or anywhere else?
There are various reasons for this state of affairs, and all of them point to a lack of inner strength. This often causes unhappiness and lack of motivation, and can lead to negative habits, such as procrastination, lack of perseverance, low self-esteem, and lack of self-confidence.
However, this situation can be corrected, but you need to make the decision to change it, and be willing to undertake the inner work that this involves.
Inner strength can be defined as:
- The ability to say “no”
- The ability to do things, despite laziness or a feeling of inconvenience
In order to develop the strength within you, you have to:
- Acknowledge the importance of changing your attitude and thinking habits.
- Accept the fact that changing your mindset and attitude requires work and effort.
- Be willing to work on improving your inner strength.
I have written quite a few articles about this subject, which you can read here, at this website, so I will give just a few examples. The main point to remember is that you get stronger by doing things that you are too lazy to do, don’t want to do, or which you procrastinate doing. By acting in spite of inner resistance you get stronger.
Here are a few examples for developing the strength within you:
- Get up, and give your seat in the bus or the train to an elderly person, despite your desire to sit.
- Drink plain water when thirsty, even if you desire to drink soda water, juice, or beer.
- Get out of bed immediately after awakening.
- Greet people whom you don’t like, in spite of your inner resistance.
- Be careful to walk with your back straight and chin up, without slouching. Do so, even if you feel inconvenient carrying your body in this way in the company of people.
When you find yourself sitting in front of the TV to pass the time, put on your walking shoes and go out for a brisk walk.
These are just a few examples, but you can easily find more. Actions like these, gradually, make you stronger, and able to act with more strength in your daily affairs of life. It is like training your body to develop stronger muscles. Here, you develop mental muscles.
Build Up Strong Willpower and Self-Discipline
Easy to follow program for increasing your willpower, self discipline and inner strength, with all the instructions, guidance and exercises you need.
Overcome procrastination, get rid of laziness, and develop decisiveness.
Gain perseverance and finish whatever you start.Get More Info
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.