How many times have you been told that you need to be more disciplined?
How many times could you have succeeded if you were just a little more patient and disciplined?
Just think about the numerous times you got into uncomfortable situations, because you reacted too fast and without thinking.
What Does Self Discipline Mean?
- Self-discipline is the ability to do what you have to do, even if you don’t feel like doing it.
- It is a skill that gives you the strength to take action, even if you don’t have the motivation and confidence to do so.
- Being self-disciplined means doing whatever you need to do, without procrastinating, evading your tasks, or revoking your decisions.
Self-discipline is a most essential life skill that enables you to succeed in anything you choose to do.
Being self-disciplined enables you to focus your attention on your priorities and disallow anything to distract your attention and waste your time and energy.
People set goals and hope to achieve them. Unfortunately, many don’t have the discipline to follow what it takes to transform these goals into reality. They lose their passion and drive too fast, especially if they don’t get quick results.
You Don’t Need Superpowers
Is it possible to strengthen self-discipline? Are there exercises you can do to improve this skill?
Yes, there are!
You might now think, ‘Well this probably requires a lot of time and effort, it’s not for me!’ If you think so, then you are wrong.
You don’t need superpowers to improve this skill.
In other articles, I have compared building this skill to bodybuilding. With bodybuilding you build your physical muscles, and with self discipline your build inner muscles. However, there is a difference.
With self discipline you do not need to invest the same amount of effort and time that is required for bodybuilding.
Even a few minutes a day would take you a long way toward manifesting self-discipline. And good news is that you can practice the exercises as part of your daily life and routine, without the need to devote special times for the exercises.
The training method I am talking about is quite simple.
This training method is based on your everyday actions and activities, and therefore, for most exercises, you don’t need to spend extra time on practicing them.
This does not mean that you can remain passive, make no effort and reap the results. There is no such system for developing any skill.
Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
You will need to step out of your comfort zone to succeed with self discipline methods.
The comfort zone is cozy and safe, but to get stronger, gain self mastery, become assertive and decisive, you need to get out of your comfort zone.
This might not be convenient for some people. However, if you wish to succeed in life, become happier and more satisfied with your life, stepping out of your comfort zone is essential..
Any kind of effort, learning a new skill, and doing things differently, require that you leave your comfort zone, and be prepared to do things that might not be too convenient for you.
Lifting weights is not a comfortable and pleasant thing to do, but it strengthens your muscles.
Climbing the stairs instead of using the elevator is less convenient, but this action strengthens your body and strengthens your willpower and self discipline muscles.
There are many activities and tasks in your everyday life that you consider difficult, inconvenient or uncomfortable, and which you try to evade or to postpone doing them.
There are also tasks and actions that make you feel stressed or awkward.
You need some inner strength to face these tasks and activities and carry them through.
If you opt to do them, despite the discomfort, stress and inner resistance, your sense of inner strength, confidence, and satisfaction would grow.
To do so, you need a certain degree of self discipline and willpower.
You Can Build Your Self Discipline
Do you now wish to find out how to strengthen this skill?
Self discipline is closely related to willpower. When you work on building one of them, you automatically improve the other skill.
This is why I have written a book about both skills. The book is titled Build up Strong Willpower and Self Discipline.
This eBook gives you a practical framework for developing self-discipline and willpower, so you can become more successful in all areas of your life. It would give you the inner strength you lack, so you become more assertive, disciplined and courageous.
The book is a guide with practical information, guidance and exercises.
- You will find out how to strengthen your willpower and self discipline with simple, highly effective exercises, which you can practice at any time or place.
- The book will help you gain the inner strength to overcome procrastination and laziness, and let nothing divert you from what you set out to do.
- You will learn how to exercise control over your reactions, instead of reacting automatically. This would enable you to react to people and situations without anger, resentment or negative feelings.
- You will learn to overcome your inner resistance to step out of your comfort zone, and start acting and doing things.
- The inner strength you gain would enable you to say ‘no’ to people who try to exploit or manipulate you.
- The self control you gain would help you overcome procrastination and build up patience and perseverance.
- With the help of willpower and self-discipline you will be in a better position to achieve greater success in your job, career, business, sports, study or relationships.
- The inner strength you will gain from the exercises would boost your confidence, self esteem and assertiveness, and help you overcome negative habits.
The Book is in eBook PDF format, which you can read on your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet.
You will be able to download and read the eBook immediately after purchase.
For more information and to purchase the book click on the link below.
Thank you for reading! To support my website and work, please click on the button below! Thanks in advance!