Would you like to find out how to increase your motivation?
Motivation is essential for everything you do, whether it is studying or making friends, learning a foreign language, bodybuilding, starting a new career or improving your financial condition.
Motivation is also important for self-improvement, meditation, and for improving your life. It is a driving force that pushes you forward and keeps up your interest and enthusiasm.
It is the driving force that keeps you energized and focused on your goal. It gives you the inner strength to go on and on and do whatever is required to achieve your goal.
From what I see and hear from people, many lack motivation, and this leads to laziness, lack of ambition, and to dissatisfaction.
How to Improve Motivation and Awaken Enthusiasm?
You need incentives and encouragement to increase your motivation. You need to be in the company of positive and successful people and read books that stimulate and spur you to take action.
Your imagination and your thoughts play a major role here. Visualizing what you would like to do or achieve, or repeating affirmations, increase the motivation, but for this to work, you should not admit any negative and k contradictory thoughts.
It is no use visualizing or affirming for a few minutes and then thinking negatively the rest of the day. This dilutes and neutralizes your affirmations and visualization.
If you wish to make a good cup of coffee, you should take care of the ratio between the coffee and the water or milk. If you dilute the coffee with plenty of water or milk, you will hardly feel the taste of the coffee.
It’s the same with affirmations, visualization, and positive thinking.
You should not dilute their power with negative thoughts, doubts, and worries. This might not be easy. However, everything good in life requires some effort to accomplish.
You can find guidance about using visualization, affirmations, and positive thinking in my books.
9 Tips to Increase Your Motivation
1. Start with small goals. Achieving small goals will give confidence to try bigger ones. Big goals usually require more time to accomplish, and as a beginner, you might lose your confidence and faith if you don’t get results fast.
2. Choose a goal that you really want to accomplish and that matters to you. If you start with something that you do not really care about, it would be difficult to awaken motivation and enthusiasm.
3. Start with choosing reasonable goals that are within immediate reach. It will be easier to awaken desire and motivation for goals that do not require a lot of time and effort to achieve.
Later, as you gain experience, you can try goals that require more motivation and perseverance, and which now, seem impossible for you.
4. Make your goal very clear. Write down what you really want, and read what you wrote every day. This would add to clarity, you will know better how to proceed and what steps to take.
5. Visualize your goal as already accomplished and close your mind to contrary thoughts.
While visualizing, feel the joy you will get upon accomplishing your goal. Focus on this joy and the happy feeling and remember them whenever you start to have doubts.
6. Repeat affirmations and positive statements about your goal. Affirmations are short positive statements about your goal, such as:
- I have the enthusiasm and inner strength to pursue my goals.
- Day by day I am improving my life.
- I am motivated, enthusiastic and eager to accomplish (state your goal).
7. Several times every day read quotes that inspire you and create enthusiasm in you.
8. Whenever you have doubts, replace them with positive thoughts. Instead of looking at your doubts, fears and negative thoughts, and immersing in them, create beautiful thoughts and scenarios of success and insist on looking at them.
Always get busy with something that diverts your attention from the negative to the positive.
9. Read books or articles about people, who achieved success, especially in the area in which you want to succeed.
For more information, and to learn how to increase your motivation, read our motivation articles.
Do you wish to increase your motivation? Read the following quotes that we have written for you.
“Getting motivated is like starting the engine of your car and beginning to move.’
“Motivation is the electrical power that activates the engine of success.”
‘Laziness, indifference and lack of ambition are the results of lack of motivation.”
“Put your goal constantly before you, and you will always have the energy to do something about it.”
“Develop interest and curiosity, and you will see your motivation growing.”
“Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.”
– Napoleon Hill
“Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.”
– Frank Tyger
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
– Dale Carnegie
“There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
You can find more motivation quotes here.