Can you improve your life?
Can you achieve success?
Do all the books, courses, webinars and workshops on self-improvement, personal growth and on success really help?
Yes, they do help, but not always, and not all people benefit from them equally.
Do you spend a lot of money on books courses and workshops, but nothing changes in your life, nothing improves in your life?
So why is that?
Let me ask you, do you really and truly want to make changes in your life?
Would you do everything necessary to achieve the success you want?
Would you invest time and money in study, research and the necessary actions to improve your life or achieve your dreams?
What do you need to do improve your life? What stands in your way?
- Most people have dreams, but back in their mind, deep in their subconscious mind, they do not really want their dreams to come true. They are afraid of the changes in their life, which the achievement of their dreams might lead to, and in a subconscious way resist the changes, postpone them, or refuse to take action.
- There are people who feel they do not deserve to better their life.
- Some people are deep in negative thinking.
- People love the familiar and afraid of the new. Improving your life requires changes, making adjustments, and going through experiences that you might not want or like.
- People have dreams, but are afraid to follow their dreams. It is more pleasnt and effortless just to wish and to daydream.
Do you sometimes wish you had millions of dollars in your bank account? This is a very pleasant thought, but how are you going to get this money? What are the chances that you win the lottery or inherit this amount of money? How would you gain or earn all this money?
What You Need to Do to Improve Your Life
One of the major ways of improving your life is through the use of affirmations and visualization. These methods can work for you, but here too, you will need to persistent with using these techniques. If you do them right, sooner or later an opportunity might pop up to put you on the right way to achieve what you want.
The question is, would you recognize the opportunity? Would you enter the door that was opened? Are you really ready to go all the way?
Suppose you want to start a business. Are you willing to dedicate time and energy, day after day, to make your business grow? Are you willing to make the necessary sacrifices that go with this kind of lifestyle? Would you be ready to work for hours every day, manage your business, deal with customers, and so on? Some people might ready for this, but are you too?
To desire something is one thing, but to really make it true and live your dreams is something else.
Most people might strive to improve their life up to a certain degree, sometimes only in small matters, anything more, seems threatening and intimidating.
So, to conclude, do truly you improve your life?
Can you improve your life? Yes you can, but how far, depends on how much time, energy and planning you invest in this project, and on how big your dreams are.
What Do You Need to Do to Improve Your Life?
- You need to know exactly what you want. You need a clear idea of what you want to do.
- You need a strong desire and passion. You need to give this idea priority in your life,
irrespective whether it relates to simple, small improvement, or to big and major changes.
- You need to be willing to do things, take action, and initiate changes, not just daydream and wait for things to happen.
- Be willing to dedicate all the necessary energy and time.
- You need not only wish to change your lifestyle, but be willing to do so, even when encountering difficulties or obstacles.
- You need to learn to overcome the fear of change. You need not be afraid of change, if you take small steps, one at a time. Small steps do not intimidate, and are easier to accept.
- Act, don’t only just daydream, and if there are problems, difficulties or obstacles, don’t give up.
There is one more thing I would like to say. Quite often, after reading books about the law of attraction, affirmations, visualization, or any self improvement technique, people want to read another book, and then another one, participate in another workshop, always telling themselves that after the next book or workshop they are going to use what they learned, but this time never comes.
Often, people enjoy the process of reading or participating in workshops. It gives them inspiration and hope, but this is useless if they do not act and implement in their lives what they have learned. If this can becomes a habit, they would never do anything to improve their life, except read and daydream.
Go on reading books and participating in workshops if you wish, but you have to start using what you learn, otherwise, you will be always chasing after the next book, next workshop or fad, but never doing anything to really improve your life.
Work harder than everybody. You’re not going to get it by whining, and you’re not going to get it by shouting, and you’re not going to get it by quitting. You’re going to get it by being there.
– Barbara Walters
Each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity.
– Marie Curie
Let us strive to improve ourselves, for we cannot remain stationary; one either progresses or retrogrades.
– Mme. Du Deffand