Do you often feel upset, down, disappointed or frustrated?
Are you allowing your mind to think about problems, failure, obstacles or bad health?
Do you worry a lot?
If you do, it means that you are a victim of negative thinking. This is a form of victim mentality.
You suffer and feel bad, because you allow negative thoughts to occupy your mind. You are making yourself a victim of these thoughts and are allowing them to affect how you think, feel and act.
Is this necessary?
Do you really want to feel bad and create unhappy and irritating situations?
You surely do not want that!
Don’t Be a Victim of Negative Mentality
If you let negative thoughts invade into your mind, you are surrendering to them and giving them mastery over your life. You are letting these negative thoughts rule your life.
Just consider how much time and energy you spend on worries, fears or anxiety!
It is just wasted time and energy, which you could have used to better purposes!
If you do nothing to prevent negative thinking, its power over you will grow, which means that you will expect failure and problems, and therefore, you will not try to improve your life.
The best way to prevent negative thinking is to focus on its opposite, on positive thinking.
You don’t need to fight your negative thoughts, because this means you will focus on them, making them even stronger. It is better better focus on solutions, on finding a way out, on positive mental images, on doing things and on taking action.
When you fight unhappy and negative thoughts you direct your mental energy to them, making them stronger. Instead, it is wiser to direct your thoughts to positive and happy topics.
Positive mentality is an acquired mindset, which requires some training. You can find guidance and advice in the book about positive thinking.
This of course might take some time and requires persistence on your part. You are changing the habits of your mind, and this takes time.
Allowing negative thinking means allowing a victim mentality to grow
Remember, your feelings and thoughts, actions and reactions, are the mirror of your thoughts.
This means you have to be careful with what you think, because your thoughts program your subconscious mind, build habits, affect your behavior, and shape the situations you meet.
Choose your thoughts carefully! You can do so, if you pay close attention to your thoughts and refuse to have anything to do with negative thoughts.
You also need to remember that thinking on what you do not want will awaken unhappy and negative feelings and emotions.
If you continue focusing on your problems, you attract them and make them grow. You are attract circumstances that make you feel a victim.
Then, you begin thinking how bad your life is, giving roots to victim mentality, and increasing your negativity.
To get rid of negativity and victim mentality, you need to focus on positivity.
Positive thinking is an acquired personality trait of great importance in everyone’s life.
How to Stop Being Victim of Negative Thinking and Victim Mentality?
You can change your thinking patterns and mindset, making them positive. This will take some time and effort, but it is possible and the rewards are great.
Here a are a few suggestions and tips for overcoming the negative mindset and start thinking positively, as well as getting rid of the victim mindset.
- You need to substitute your negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
- You need to be on guard and refuse to think about your problems and worries, and instead, focus on solving them.
- Stop feeling that people don’t like you. Most of the time it is untrue.
- Stop thinking that people want to hurt you, most of the time that don’t want to do that.
- Work on developing self-confidence.
- Work on developing willpower.
- The moment negative thought start circling in your mind, replace them with positive thoughts. No matter how many times you fail, try again, and eventually you will succeed.
- Focus on inner strength instead of focusing on weakness, on being a victim.
- Stop blaming other people for everything that happens to you.
- Instead of blaming others, stop avoiding responsibility, accept responsibility. Remember, strong people take responsibility for their life.
- If you wish to win the respect of other people don’t play the victim. People might help you if you act and feel like a victim, but if they understand that it is a victim mentality, a negative mentality, they might stop supporting you.
- Find time each day to visualize yourself acting assertively, instead of feeling powerless.
- You can succeed, if you make up your mind to succeed.
Ways to Stop Negative Thinking and Be Positive
- Repeat positive affirmations everyday. Affirmations are short, positive statements that you often repeat. These statements can change your thinking from positive to negative.
- Visualize the kind of life you really want. I have written a lot about this topic at this website, as well as in my book about Manifestation and the law of attraction.
- Do your best to become more optimistic and positive in your thoughts and your actions. This might be a difficult at the beginning, especially if you have been a victim of negative thinking, but with patience and perseverance you would be able to change your thinking patterns.
- Develop inner strength, assertiveness and willpower.
This is not difficult to do. Just take one step at a time, and gradually, you will see how you are becoming more positive and taking control of your life.
You can stop being a victim of negative thinking.
You can stop being subject to victim mentality.
You can change your mindset!
You can take control of your life!
You do not need negative thinking. It is a habit that you should overcome as soon as you can, and it is not as difficult as you might think. It is a habit that became deeply embedded, and you need to uproot it.
“Positive thinking means expecting, believing, and visualizing what you want to achieve. It means seeing in your mind’s eye the thing you want, as an accomplished fact.”
“Reality is the mirror of your thoughts. Choose well what you put in front of the mirror.”
Below, you will find a list of a few of my books which can help you:
Powerful Quotes to Think About
“I think having a sense of humor is just as important a coping mechanism as it is a gift for everyday life.”
– Camille Grammer
“The more pessimistic your explanatory style, the easier it is to slip into learned helplessness.”
– David McRaney
“Positive and negative are directions that lead to different results. Which direction do you choose?”
Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
– Michael Jordan
“If you absolutely can’t stay positive, don’t go negative, just cruise neutral for a while until you can get back up.”
– Terri Guillemets