What is a positive atmosphere?
- It is an atmosphere of harmony, optimism and good relationships.
- It is an environment of positivity and goodwill.
- In this kind of environment, there is are no negative feelings, hurt feelings or animosity.
- In this kind of environment there is less friction, more understanding and more desire to help.
I am not talking about an utopian state. I am talking about making your immediate environment more harmonious and happy, with fewer frictions and annoyances.
I am talking about your own environment, at home, at work, with friends, and wherever you happen to be. This is something within your reach.
Your Thoughts Affect your Environment
Your thoughts and feelings, and the mental and emotional vibrations that emanate from you, create the atmosphere around you. People who are in your proximity, sense this atmosphere and are affected by it. This atmosphere also determines their attitude toward you.
This means that changing your thoughts will affect your environment, how you perceive the world, and how people treat you.
- Do you sometimes, feel unhappy, or even depressed, when coming in contact with certain people?
- Do you sometimes feel exhausted, as if your energy is gone?
- Do negative thoughts enter your mind for no reason?
This could be because you are affected by the negative mental and emotional vibrations transmitted from the minds of negative people.
At other times, you might feel elated, happy and inspired or experience inner peace. This is often the result of the positive vibration of certain people.
Please always remember, the more control you have over your mind and thoughts, the more peaceful you become, and the less other people will be able to affect you.
You can become a positive force that affects and transforms your environment and the people around you. You can do so by being more aware of the thoughts you think and the feelings you experience. This requires, at least in the beginning, attention, discipline and perseverance.
How to Create a Positive Atmosphere
You can bring positive vibes into your life. This depends on you, on your attitude, and on how you view your life and the events that you go through. Even if things are tough and difficult. you can bring light into your life.
You might feel reluctant to work on changing your attitude and making small changes in your life. You need to rise above this reluctancy and inner resistance. The effort you are required to do is not great, but the rewards are great.
Here are a few simple tips.
- A positive attitude is important. There are many articles about this topic at this website, and more information and guidance in the book Positive Thinking.
- Focus your mind more attentively on what you are doing. This will train your mind to transmit more powerful vibrations, and will also direct your attention away from negative thinking.
- Practice concentration exercises. This will strengthen your ability to choose your thoughts, and would help you put more positive energy into them.
- Practice meditation. This will make you more tranquil and happy, as well as help you transmit more peaceful vibrations around you.
- Visualize in your mind, only what you really want to happen, and nothing that can hurt you or other people.
- Arouse feelings of happiness within you, by thinking about past positive experiences and soak yourself within them. Feel how this happiness is filling the space around you, the room, the house, the office, the bus or train, or wherever you are.
- Visualize bright light, full of life, happiness and positive vibrations, filling your body and the place where you are.
- Make your house and office more alive, by hanging beautiful pictures and putting pots or vases with flowers.
- Open the windows of your rooms often, to let fresh air and light enter inside.
- Strive to be more kind, considerate and understanding toward people.
- If you feel anger and resentment you need to work on this. This is not good for your health, it spoils relationships, and does not create a positive atmosphere.
- Exercise your body. This will increase your energy level, improve your health, and make you a happier and more optimistic person. An optimistic and happy person affects his or her environment in a positive way, and brings into it more happiness and positivity.
Remember, one single thought is not going to change the atmosphere around you, but repeated thoughts will.
There are other, more advanced means to affect the atmosphere around you, but this is not the place to discuss them.
In his book, “Practical Mental Influence and Mental Fascination” William Walker Atkinson wrote:
“When a thought or a feeling is generated in the mind or brain of a person, the energy generated flows forth from the brain of the person in the forms of waves of mental energy, spreading from the immediate neighborhood of the thinker to a distance proportioned to the strength of the thought or feeling. The thought waves have the property of awakening similar vibrations in the minds of other persons coming within their field of force.”
As you see, the thoughts you think and the feelings experience affect you and the people around you.
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.