What Is Positive Self Talk?
- It is a method for motivating and encouraging yourself, and rejecting negative thoughts.
- It is a method for building a positive mindset, and stop the habit of worrying and dwelling on problems.
- Positive self talk transforms your mind, and makes you a more happy and constructive person.
- It is a technique of focusing the attention on solutions and expecting positive results, instead of focusing on problems and expecting difficulties.
Self-talk is something everybody does. However, it is often a negative process.
It is the habit of the mind to be in constant inner conversations, commenting, analyzing, explaining, and repeating thoughts. Often, these inner conversations are negative, about fears, worries, hurts and problems. This means negative self-talk, which can make you feel bad.
This activity of the mind occupies the attention day and night, and has an enormous effect on the mind, behavior and reactions.
As said earlier, the mind is in a constant state of thinking. There is a constant self-talk activity going on. You can use this activity to your advantage, when you know how.
You can teach your mind to occupy itself with different, positive inner conversations.
Positive Self Talk Is a habit You Can Learn
Positive self talk is the habit of having positive inner conversations. It means thinking and repeating words that are positive. It means positive thinking, and it means repeating positive affirmations.
- You can change your negative self talk by replacing it with constructive, useful, motivational and inspiring thoughts.
- You can choose better, happier thoughts to run in your mind, which will encourage and motivate you.
- This process of substituting negative with positive thinking will squeeze out the negative thoughts from your mind.
- You need to turn negative thinking to positive thinking.
- You need to strive to release yourself from the pattern of negative thinking. This will help you feel good and would reduce stress.
- Changing the words you repeat in your mind will change your outlook on life.
- When you repeat constructive, optimistic words, you stop sending negative messages to your subconscious mind.
Affirmations and Positive Self Talk
One of the most efficient ways to change your inner conversations is through the repetition of affirmations.
Repeating positive means repeating in your mind positive statements or declarations. This is a positive self-talk technique for changing your attitude and developing positive habits.
- It is an effective technique for changing your mindset and what goes on in your mind.
- It is a way to push away worries and doubts.
- It is a method for chasing away fearful thoughts.
- It is a technique to help you stop dwelling on the past.
- It is a technique that can motivate and inspire you.
Affirmations, as a self talk method works, because the subconscious mind accepts often-repeated thoughts, statements and words.
Constant Repetition Is the Key to Success
Repeat positive words and statements, instead of occupying the mind with useless or negative thinking. This is the key to the correct use of affirmations.
Repeating affirmations is a powerful mental programming technique, which is not appreciated enough and is not well understood.
To affirm means to “make firm”, which means making your desire or goal firm or real. It is a process of making positive statements about your goal.
Ad - Continue reading below.
If you repeat positive statements often, they will change the programming of the subconscious mind, and trigger it to find ways to make the statements come true.
Teach Your Mind to Look at the Bright Side of Life
It seems easier to think about problems and difficulties and immerse in them. This affects one’s moods, state of mind, health, relationships, and every other aspect of life.
Do not allow negative thoughts to repeat themselves over and again. If you do, they will grow stronger, rise into your awareness more often, and eventually, occupy your mind most of the time.
You need to try to be more aware of the positive and negative thoughts that run through your mind. You need to try to have a closer look at your positive and negative thoughts, their good and bad effects.
- Are your thoughts negative or positive?
- Are these thoughts pleasant, or bothering and unpleasant?
You can teach your mind to occupy itself with positive, constructive thoughts. This is essential for your mental health.
You can teach your mind to focus on the benefits of positive self-talk, and to look at the bright side of life.
Practicing positive self talk requires that you occupy your mind with constructive and helpful ideas, and think, wish and imagine positive results.
This might not be easy at the beginning, especially if you have been conducting in your mind negative inner conversations for many years. However, with persistence, you can change your inner conversations.
One of the most effective tools for changing your thoughts and attitude is the use of affirmations.
Tips for Changing Your Mindset with Affirmations
Repeating affirmations can help you change your self-talk. Here are a few tips. Read them, and most important, practice them.
- Think about what you want, not on what you do not want. Think of what you want to happen, not what you want to avoid. Think of health not sickness, on strength not weakness, on love, not loneliness, etc.
- Always use the present tense in your affirmations. You want to get results now, not in some indefinable future. If for example, you don’t have a job, don’t say, “I will have a job”. Instead, use the future tense, and say, “I have a well-paying and wonderful job, which I love and enjoy”.
- Use only positive words to describe what you really want to achieve. Keep telling your mind that you can and will achieve it.
- Be specific, by defining what it is that you want to change in your life.
- It is advisable to keep the affirmations short and easy to remember.
- You should also express a strong desire when repeating affirmations. You should feel and believe that what you are saying is already true. Feelings and emotions give life to your words, and affect your subconscious mind more strongly.
- You can repeat the affirmations at any time you want. Repeat them also, when you catch yourself worrying or thinking about problems and difficulties.
- It would be a good idea to repeat affirmations immediately after waking up in the morning, and before falling asleep at night. At these times, it is easier to get to the subconscious mind.
- What you need to do is to replace your negative inner conversations with positive affirmations. I this way, you teach your mind positive self talk. Gradually, the habit of negative inner conversations will be replaced with positive and constrictive self talk.
- Repeat positive affirmations at any time you catch yourself conducting a negative inner conversation in your mind. Always strive to replace your negative self-talk with positive affirmations.
This positive self talk method will surely bring you positive results, if you persevere with it.
Remember, affirmations are a powerful tool to change your mindset, motivate and encourage yourself, and help you build new habits and achieve goals.
Below, you will find a list of affirmations that serve as examples for positive self talk.
Affirmations – Positive Self Talk Examples
- I am happy and satisfied with my life.
- I expect good results, good health, and happiness.
- I let go of the past and expect a wonderful future.
- Everyday, I am improving my life.
- I always expect constructive and productive results.
- I have found the perfect job for me.
- Day by day, my financial situation is improving.
- My life is filled with love.
- I have a lot of love in my life.
- I feel healthy and strong.
- Wonderful things are happening in my life.
- Everything in my life is improving.
- I see the good in my life and I focus on it.
- I have wisdom to guide me through every situation.
- I surround myself with people who like me and treat me well.
- I feel comfortable when in the presence friends and in the presence of strangers.
- I am doing work that I enjoy and find fulfilling.
- I let go of worries and fears that drain my energy and waste my time.
- I feel safe and protected wherever I go.
- I feel protected from the negative feelings of other people.
- I am the one who decides how to behave and how to react.
- The past has no power over me anymore.
- My life is filled with meaning and purpose.
Did you enjoy reading this post? If you did, we would appreciate if you purchase one of our books.