In every bad situation there is always something good. You can focus on the good or you can focus on the bad. It is your choice.
You can focus on the hole in the doughnut, and you can focus on the doughnut itself.
You can focus on the empty half of the glass, and you focus on the full half of the glass.
Where you direct your attention is a matter of attitude and choice, and can affect your mood and state of mind.
Do you sometimes feel at the end of the day that you have not done enough? Often, if you stop to think, you will realize that this is not true, and that this feeling arises, because you are focusing on what you have not done, instead of focusing on what you have done.
Sometimes, a few things you had no time to do, affect your state of mind, obsessing and disturbing you. You might have done a lot by the end of the day, but what you have not done occupies your mind.
Sometimes, you start your day, intending to carry out a number of tasks, but when the day ends, you realize that you have not accomplished all the tasks you set out to do. This makes you feel bad. Instead of being happy that you have accomplished most of the tasks, you focus on what you did not do.
It is as, if you forget what you have achieved, which could be a lot, and feel that you haven’t done anything. This feeling is a wastes your time and energy and creates stress and unhappiness.
There is no need to create unnecessary unhappiness.
Why not focus on the positive in your life, and on what you have accomplished today? This will make you feel good and happy about yourself.
The things you didn’t manage to do today, you can always do tomorrow.
It is more healthy and you experience less stress, when you try to be happier and satisfied, and focus on the things you did, not on the things you did not do.
At the end of the day, and before going to sleep, think about what you have accomplished today. This will teach your mind to focus on the positive in your life.
Focus on the Positive and on What You Have Already Achieved
- Direct your attention to the positive things happening in your life.
- Look at what you have done and at what you have accomplished and appreciate it.
- Focus on the good things you did today, on the progress you have made, and the tasks and goals you followed through and achieved.
- Think on what you have already achieved, not on what you could not do or complete. This means looking at the full half of the glass, not the empty half.
- Do not think too much on what you missed or did not have the time to do today. If these are important things, plan on doing them tomorrow.
- Focus on the positive in your life and it will grow bigger.
- Focus on what you have already achieved and it will grow even bigger.
You can teach your mind to focus on the positive, accomplish more, and create a happier and more successful life. To do so, read the books on Affirmations Words with Power and Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the guidance you need to make them work.
Learn how to use affirmations effectively, to improve your life, achieve goals, and get the things you want.
Hundreds of affirmations for almost every purpose.
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.