In every bad situation there is always something good. You can focus on the good or you can focus on the bad. It’s your choice.
You can focus on the hole in the doughnut, and you can focus on the doughnut itself.
You can focus on the empty half of the glass, and you focus on the full half of the glass.
Your attitude, and where you direct your attention affect your mood and state of mind and consequently your actions, and the results you get.
Do You Focus on the Things You Didn’t Do?
Do you sometimes feel at the end of the day that you have not done much?
Often, if you stop to think, you will realize that this is not true. This feeling arises because you are focusing on what you have not done, instead of focusing on what you have done.
Sometimes, a few things that you had no time to do, affect your state of mind, obsessing and disturbing you.
You might have accomplished a lot by the end of the day, but the things that you did not have the time to do occupy your mind and distress you.
You might start your day, intending to carry out a number of tasks, but when the day ends, you realize that you have not accomplished all the tasks you set out to do. This makes you feel bad.
Instead of being happy that you have accomplished most of the day’s tasks and goals, you focus on what you did not do.
It’s as if you forgot what you have achieved, which could be a lot, and feel that you haven’t done anything. Occupying yourself with this feeling wastes your time and energy and creates stress and unhappiness.
A better option is the focus on the positive and good in your life and the the things you have achieved.
Focusing on what you missed or did not do creates unnecessary unhappiness.
Think about the Tasks and Goals that You Have Accomplished
Why not focus on the positive in your life, and on what you have accomplished today? This will make you feel good and happy about yourself.
The things you didn’t manage to do today, you can always do tomorrow.
Thinking about the things you have accomplished awaken happiness and satisfaction and the confidence. Such feelings are good for your mental and emotional health.
Always focus on the half full of the glass, not the half empty. This would save you unnecessary stress, anxiety and unhappiness.
- Every time you finish carrying out a task, no matter how small or big it is, stop what you are doing and feel satisfied. Congratulate yourself for what you have done, and a few moments enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.
- At the end of the day, and before going to sleep, think about what you have accomplished today. This will teach your mind to focus on the positive in your life.
Focus on the Positive and on What You Have Already Achieved
No matter what kind of life you are living there must be some good in it. There are moment of happiness and satisfaction, no matter how small they might be. Focus on these moments and they will grow. Be the door keeper of your mind and refuse to have anything to do with negative thinking.
This might not be easy, but if you persevere you will eventually win.
Here are a few additional tips to help you focus on the positive results you have achieved.
- Direct your attention to the positive things happening in your life.
- Look at what you have done and at what you have accomplished and appreciate it.
- Focus on the good things you did today, on the progress you have made, on the tasks you have carried out, and on the goals you have achieved.
- Think on what you have already achieved, not on what you could not do or complete. This means looking at the full half of the glass, not the empty half.
- Do not think too much on what you missed or did not have the time to do today. If these are important things, plan on doing them tomorrow.
- Focus on the positive in your life and it will grow bigger.
- Focus on what you have already achieved and it will grow even bigger.
You should teach your mind to focus on the positive. This kind of attitude would help you create a happier and more successful life.
You can become more positive, it’s a matter of choice.
We have written books that can help you focus on the positive and make it grow. They contain solid, practical advice, guidance and instructions to help you improve your life.
Here are two of these books:
Manifest and Achieve Whatever You Want.
Affirmations Words with Power.
If you enjoyed reading my articles, you can thank me by clicking on the button below!