You can make yourself a cup of coffee in a matter of seconds.
You can cook dinner in 20-30 minutes.
You can learn the words of a song in a few minutes.
Can you make big changes in your life in a very short time, within a day or two, for example?
Is it realistic to expect becoming wealthy in 15 days or less, doing almost nothing, except if you win the lottery?
Often, people promise fast results, in self improvement, losing wealth, or making money, but is this realistic?
Most people expect fast results. They have no patience or staying power, and if something requires time and effort, they quit after a short while.
People often look for books, workshops or videos that promise immediate results, such as:
- Getting powerful concentration with a few minutes of training.
- Meditate like an expert in 15 days.
- Get anything you want in 30 minutes.
- Get the house of your dreams, or a fancy car, quickly and with no effort.
- Learn to influence people in just 5 minutes.
- Write a book in a few days.
These are just a few of the many examples you can find in newspapers, magazines or on the Internet.
Look at people, who are rich. Did they get their wealth instantly? No, they worked hard, had strong ambition and motivation, and they believed in what they were doing.
Success Requires Time and Effort
- Did anyone get to the Olympics Games with no training, or with just a few minutes a day of training? No, everyone who participated in the Olympic Games devoted a lot of time training and exercising every day.
- Is there a “language pill”, which you can swallow, and instantly be able to speak foreign languages? You have to study and practice over a period of time, before you can speak fluently a foreign language.
This is true in every area of life. Big results require time and effort. You can make instant coffee in a few seconds, but to make changes in your habits, change your mindset, develop new skills, or become rich and wealthy, much more time is needed.
I understand that you want fast results, with the least of effort. Everyone wants this, but is this possible?
Ad - Continue reading below.
Expecting immediate results might often end up in frustration and disappointment. People sometimes spend a fortune on books, training videos and workshops that promise immediate results, but do they get these results?
To get results you need willpower, discipline, motivation and a strong desire, and the willingness to invest the required time and effort.
Unless you are a great magician, you have to act to get results. You cannot make big changes in your life in a few minutes.
Do you know of any businessman, who made his fortune following a certain technique for 30 days or less?
Do you know of anyone becoming a champion athlete without training over a long period of time?
To get results, real results, you need strong desire and motivation that do not wear out after a few attempts, or evaporate at the first hurdle.
- You need willpower and self-discipline, so that you have staying power.
- You also need vision, if you want to achieve a big goal.
- You need an open mind, and the willingness to do whatever it takes to follow through with your decision, program or technique.
- You also need a positive attitude, and the ability to take positive action.
Dabbling does not lead to success, but investing time and effort do!
It is so easy to be tempted to believe that you can get rich, gain extraordinary powers, improve your concentration and memory, reach far with meditation, and get instantly anything you want, but this is not so.
Small, everyday goals can be accomplished fast, but bigger things need more time. If it were not so, you would have become wealthy, successful and happy a long ago.
I know that a lot of people might not like what I am saying, but I know from experience that good things and good results require time and effort.
It is absolutely no drudgery. On the contrary, it is fun and pleasure, and the great satisfaction that you are going toward something good.
When working on any project or goal, enjoy the action and the things that happen on the way.
This is like traveling in a train. You could feel nervous, and anxious to arrive at your destination. In this state of mind, you won’t enjoy the ride.
However, you can also choose to behave differently, and focus on the present moment, enjoying the scenery, talking with people sitting next to you, reading a book, or even meditating.
When you focus on what you are doing the time passes more quickly and pleasurably, and you do more and get more.
Don’t let the words in this article deter you from doing things. You can achieve success. You can make changes in your life.
You can reach far and high. Things can sometimes happen quite fast. However, in most cases and for most goals, you need more than a program or technique that promises you fast results, with almost no effort on your part.
What do you think? What is your experience with programs and techniques that promise instant, or almost instant success?
Get the eBook on Manifesting Your Dreams