It is a well-known fact that when the state of economy is good, one has a satisfying and well paying steady job, one feels good and tends to be happier and more relaxed.
On the other hand, when the state of the economy looks bleak and unpromising, and one is jobless and lacks money, there is a tendency to think and feel negative about everything. There is no happiness and no inner peace.
Examine people’s attitude toward anything, and you will discover that is very much affected by circumstances and situations. It is so easy to accept negative thoughts in harsh circumstances and see everything crumbling down.
If your life now is not what you want it to be, and you constantly think how bad the situation is, you keep hammering these thoughts into your subconscious mind. This makes you believe that there is no way out. Your inability to stop thinking and focusing on your current situation makes it look worse than it really is, stifles creativity and initiative, draws negative thinking and self pity, and increases the chances of making reality much worse.
Being negative, crying over what you have lost and expecting lack and difficulties will not make things better.
The secret of change and improvement is a change of attitude!
Your positive attitude can change your financial condition, in spite of national or global economic conditions.
Acquiring a positive attitude is most important, even if it might not be so easy when your job is at risk, or when don’t have a job. You have to act as the gatekeeper of your mind and refuse entrance to thoughts about self-pity, failure and lack, and let in only thoughts about success and growth.
You might say that it is like cheating yourself, but it looks this way only in the beginning. Before long, your subconscious mind will accept the new reality you are creating in your mind, and will work overtime to make it be true, if only you let it, and don’t revert to negative and pessimistic thinking.
Here are a few tips to change your attitude when the economic condition is tough:
- Stay away from people who keep complaining.
- Don’t listen to the whiners and complainers and don’t get involved in their theories. Just because they are negative or failing does not mean you will too.
- Stay away from negative people, and don’t let them suck your energy or distract you from your goals.
- Cut on the time reading the papers and watching or listening to the news.
- Surround yourself with positive people, who expect success.
- Read books about people who achieved success and accomplished their goals.
- Focus on your life as you would like them to be, and not as they are now.
- Focus on what you want, and get busy working on making it come true.
- Affirm the life you want.
- Refuse to allow into your mind mental images of hard times and of the life you don’t really want. Focus on mental images and scenes of what you want to happen.
- It is ok to daydream, but do so with a positive attitude, and be practical and willing to take action to make your daydream come true.
- Be positive, but be also practical, keep an open mind, take action and do things.
Remember, even in the direst of economic and financial conditions there is a way out and up. There are people who fell really hard and deep down, and yet, got up on their feet and climbed again. You can do so too. This might require some effort and time on your part. Why invest your time and energy in thoughts and attitude that will only hurt you, when you can direct the same energy and time to ways that will benefit you?
There are many books on the market that can help you gain a positive attitude and teach you how to improve your life. Take the initiative and search them and you will find them.
Don’t let the state of the economy affect your life attitude and moods. Your attitude can change the state of economy for you, if you are willing to work on your mind and on your attitude, and focus on what you want to achieve and have, and not on what you lack or don’t want.
The Power of Positive Attitude
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, subscribe to our free newsletter to receive articles and updates.