It is a well-known fact that when the financial condition is good, and when people have a good and well paying steady job, they feel good and tend to be happier and more relaxed.
On the other hand, when the state of the economy looks bleak and unpromising, when there is no job and no money, there is a tendency to think and feel negative about everything. There is no happiness and no inner peace.
If we could examine people’s attitude in various situations, we will discover that is very much affected by circumstances and situations.
It is so easy to accept negative thoughts in difficult circumstances and see everything crumbling down.
On the other hand, when everything is going okay, one feels more confident about life.
However, even in a good situation, people might fall into negative thinking. This is because people fear they that the good in their life would not last.
If your life now is not what you want it to be, and you constantly think how bad the situation is, you keep hammering these thoughts into your subconscious mind. This makes you believe that there is no way out.
Your inability to stop thinking on your current situation makes it look worse than it really is, stifles creativity and initiative, draws negative thinking and self pity, and increases the chances of making reality much worse.
Being negative, crying over what you have lost and expecting lack and difficulties will not make things better.
The Secret of Change Is a Change of Attitude!
Your positive attitude can change your financial condition, in spite of national or global economic conditions.
Acquiring a positive attitude is most important, even if it might not be so easy when your job is at risk, or when don’t have a job.
You have to act as the gatekeeper of your mind.
You should prevent thoughts of self-pity, failure and lack from entering your mind, and let in only thoughts about success and growth.
Ad - Continue reading below.
You might say that it is like cheating yourself, since the conditions are bad. Yet, playing make-believe changes your attitude and has a great impacts on your conscious and subconscious minds.
Before long, your subconscious mind will accept the new reality that you are creating in your imagination, and would work overtime to make it be true. Remember, to change your reality you need to let go of your negative thoughts and pessimistic thinking.
Tips for a Positive Attitude in Tough Times
Here are a few tips to help you change your attitude when the economic conditions are tough:
- Stay away from people who keep complaining.
- Don’t listen to the whiners and complainers and don’t get involved in their theories. Just because they are negative or failing does not mean you will too.
- Stay away from negative people, and don’t let them suck your energy or distract you from your goals.
- Cut on the time reading the papers and watching or listening to the news.
- Surround yourself with positive and successful people.
- Read books about people who achieved success and accomplished their goals.
- Focus on your life as you would like them to be, and not as they are now.
- Focus on what you want, and get busy working on making it come true.
- Affirm the life you want.
- Refuse to allow into your mind mental images of hard times and of the life you don’t really want. Focus on mental images and scenes of what you want to happen.
- It is ok to daydream, but do so with a positive attitude, and be practical and willing to take action to make your daydreams come true.
- Be positive, but be also practical, keep an open mind, take action and do things.
Remember, even in the direst of economic and financial conditions there is a way out. Rescue might not be immediate, and might take time.
There are people who fell really hard and deep down, and yet, got up on their feet and climbed again. You can do so too. This might require some effort and time on your part.
Why invest your time and energy in thoughts and an attitude that might hurt you, when you can direct the same energy and time to ways that will benefit you?
There are many books on the market that can help you gain a positive attitude and teach you how to improve your life.
Take the initiative and search them and you will find them.
We would like recommend our book on positive thinking, where you will find practical guidance on adopting a positive attitude.
Don’t let the state of the economy affect your life attitude and moods.
Your positive attitude can improve the state of your finances and material life. This would happen if you are willing to work on your mind and on your attitude, and focus on what you want to have, and not on what you lack or don’t want.
The Power of Positive Attitude