Do you sometimes wonder how you can make your day a happier day?
Is there something you would like to do, but never seem to have time for it?
Is your day too boring, and you would like to add some excitement and expectation into it?
Are you so much immersed in work that you forget the small things that could add some happiness into your day?
No matter how busy you might be, you can always find the time to get out of the daily rush and tasks, and do things you enjoy doing. I am not talking about something big, like having a vacation, going abroad, or moving to a new house.
I am talking about things that are always within your reach, costing little money or none at all.
Doing even just one or two little things a week, inject interest, expectation and fun into your life.
We are so much immersed in our daily activities, that we repeat them every day, and don’t make room for other things.
It would be a good idea to spend some time with pencil and paper, or use your computer, and write down or type a few ideas. You will be surprised to discover how many little pleasures you can add to your life.
Doing Little Things to Bring Happiness into Your Day
Here are a few ideas:
- Going to see a movie with your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend.
- Drinking coffee in a nice place on the way to work.
- Taking a walk along a river, lake or in a park.<
- Going out early in the morning to watch the sun rise.
- Reading a book, instead of watching TV.
- Have a bath instead of a shower.
- Buying yourself flowers.
- Inviting friends to your house.
- Taking your spouse to a nice coffee house.
- Exploring a different side of your town.
- Cleaning and arranging the contents of a drawer at your desk or kitchen that you always wanted to clean, but always put off cleaning. After cleaning it, you would surely feel satisfied and happy that you accomplished this “unpleasant task”.
- Switching off your TV for half an hour, and have some quality time with your family.
Making It a Habit
You can make it a habit to do new, different, little things and activities almost every day, which don’t take too much time.
It’s simple and easy to do small, little things that bring happiness into your life. Don’t wait for happiness. Don’t wait for others to bring you happiness. You can create it yourself every day.
Maybe you want to do other things. The above list is only an example. You can write your own list.