I have recently been asked a few questions about affirmations and visualization. Since the answers to those questions could be of interest, and I hope of value, for everyone, I would like to share them with you.
Questions and Answers about Affirmations and Visualization
1. Do I have to repeat affirmations all the time?
It is not necessary to repeat affirmations all the time. This is not really possible, and might disturb you and distract your attention in certain situations, where you need your full attention.
You need to choose just one or a few affirmations, and repeat one at a time for a few minutes, several times a day.
2. When is repeating affirmations most effective?
Affirmations are most effective before falling asleep at night, and in the morning, upon waking up. However any other time is the right time to repeat them. You can repeat them at various times during the day when you have the time. It is most important that you repeat them with interest, feeling, and love.
3. What kind of mindset do I need to have?
While affirming, try to feel confident that what you are saying is true. If you become aware of doubts and negative thoughts entering your mind, don’t listen to them, just keep affirming with complete faith that what you are affirming or visualizing is already true.
Don’t feel stressed or give up if you don’t get fast results. You need to persist and and not give in, since every goal requires a a different time span for being achieved.
4. Do I need to take action about my affirmations and visualization?
Strive to be aware of the opportunities that come your way, and take advantage of them when they come. Also, do things that will take you closer to what you want to achieve.
Listen to your intuition – those gut feelings, and to the ideas your subconscious mind sends you, and do something about them. Opportunities and ideas will come, but you have to take action when they come. Don’t just await for miracles to happen with no action on your part.
5. What about feelings and desire?
You need to put feelings, desire and faith into your affirmations and visualization. Feelings and desire give them the energy they need to manifest.
6. Do I need to fix a date for achieving my goals?
In my opinion, it is better not to fix a date for achieving goals with the help of affirmations or visualization.
If you fix a date you are forcing a situation to happen at a certain date, and this is not always possible. You cannot force things to happen. Often, certain events need to happen before a goal is accomplished, and you can’t put a time limit on them.
7. Do I have to imagine that my goal will happen in the future or in the present?
In your mind’s eye see you goal as real and true now, in the present. Use affirmations that speak about the present, using present tense words.
Visualize and affirm using the present tense, and leave it the Universal Mind and the subconscious mind to bring what you desire, in the best and fastest possible way.
8. What affirmations and visualization actually do?
Visualizing and affirming help you in various ways:
- They motivate you.
- They strengthen your ambition.
- They trigger your subconscious mind into action. This in turn, affects your attitude, actions and reactions.
- The mental images you visualize and the positive words you repeat help you become more aware of opportunities and things you can do, which otherwise, you will not see, or be aware of.
- Both affirmations and visualization affect your environment, open doors, attract opportunities and people, and draw what you want to you.
9. Do I need to take action or just wait for things to happen?
You need to take action when your mind brings up a plan, or when your intuition tells you to do something that might help you get what you want.
Visualization and affirmations create the opportunity and make you aware of it, but you need action to seize it. However, sometimes, things might happen, as if miraculously, without taking action, but don’t rely on this, since more than often, things happen in a normal and gradual manner.
10. Can visualization or affirmations increase my ambition and motivation?
Yes they can, when you use them correctly. Taking advantage of the power of affirmations and visualization, and using them over and again with faith, can increase your confidence, increase your inner strength, and awaken the necessary ambition, motivation and energy to take action and do things.
11. Can I use just visualization or affirmations, or do I need to use them both?
You can use them both, at the same time or at different times, or just use one of them. Of course, if you combine them, and use both of them, you will increase your chances of success.
If you enjoyed reading my articles, you can thank me by clicking on the button below!