Does your mind constantly jump from one thought to another like a restless butterfly?
Do you have difficulties in making up your mind due to many thoughts rushing into your mind?
Do thoughts constantly attract your attention making it impossible to focus?
How can we get a few moments of calmness? How can we experience moments of peace in our daily life?
We All Need a Way to Quiet the Mind
We all need a few quiet moments of calmness and focused mind during our everyday life, so we can think clearly, make wiser decisions, make plans or study.
We all need a way to quiet the mind for a least a few moments, now and then, to rest, replenish our energies or think clearly.
If we allow our thoughts to control our life, we lose our independence and freedom. It is being like a leaf blown by the wind.
A Peaceful Moments are not Rare
Enjoying a few moments of peace are not rare.
You and everyone else experience them occasionally. When the mind calms down, fewer thoughts pass through it, and you feel happy, satisfied and free.
This happens on certain occasions, and you certainly had such experiences. They usually happen when a problem is solved, when a goal is achieved, or while looking at a beautiful landscape or reading an inspirational book.
This kind of experience usually, does not last long, because the mind is not trained to stay peaceful, and soon it returns to its usual activity.
These experiences are usually triggered by external events. For a brief moment, the hectic activity of your mind slows down, and you feel elated, free and peaceful.
These are pleasant peaceful moments, when mind is quiet and, and even if there are problems and difficulties, for this brief period they do not bother you.
This quiet state of mind makes it possible to think clearly, come up with solutions, and make wiser decisions or choices.
Suppose you could experience more of such moments. Suppose you could stay in this situation most of the time, even while working, eating, walking or talking. This is possible, but this requires some inner work on your part.
first Aid Tips to Calm the Mind
In this article, I am not going to talk about the techniques and ways to gain control over the mind, since I have already explained them clearly and in detail in my books.
Here, in this article, I would like to suggest a few simple first aid tips to calm down the mind temporarily, so you can use it more efficiently and in a more focused way when you need to think, study, make a decision, or when you feel you need to calm yourself down.
You can experience moments of calmness in your life. This is within your reach. If you get a few calm moments of inner peace, in time, you can get more than moments.
Tips for Getting Moments of Calmness in Everyday Life
Practice the following tips in your daily life, so you enjoy moments of peace and calmness.
1. Do not spend too much time on reading the newspapers or watching the news on TV, since too often, they report about negative natters.
2. Avoid as much as you can dwelling on failure, problems and difficulties. Dwelling on these matters will not improve the situation, but they take a lot of your time, create unhappiness, and prevent you from experiencing inner peace.
3. When possible, avoid the company of negatively thinking people. You do not want their thoughts and their words to sink into your subconscious mind and affect your mood and state of mind.
4. Do not hold grudges. Learn to forgive, forget, and let go. Dwelling on hurts creates resentment, which disturb peace and spoils relationships and friendships.
5. Get enough sleep at night. A good night’s sleep will refresh you, and make you feel better, more energetic and more positive. This will certainly make you happier and less obsessed with negative thoughts.
6. Exercising your body regularly is important. Physical activity releases tensions, brings in extra oxygen to the body and brain, and makes you feel better.
7. Accept what you cannot change. This would give you a sense of relief. There is no use getting upset or angry about things you cannot change.
8. Dwelling on painful memories prevents you from experiencing a state of inner peace. The past is gone and you cannot change it or relive it. Learn the lessons from it, forget it, and move on. It is better and more useful to focus on the present moment and live in it.
9. When you feel you are getting upset, leave everything and go out for a walk for a few minutes. This will help you calm down.
10. Strive to be tolerant and patient with people and circumstances. This will save you a lot of energy, time and inconvenience.
11. Strive not to take things personally. This might not be easy, but you should do your best to avoid letting what people say or do affect how you feel and what you think. You can be stronger, if you choose to do so. A certain degree of emotional and mental detachment would most helpful in this situation.
Use these tips in your everyday to bring calmness into your life.
If you wish to have greater control over your mind and thoughts, and make inner peace a habit, you will need to do more. You will need to train your mind to focus, learn to calm down the nonstop chatter of your mind, and work on attaining a certain degree of emotional detachment.
When you do so, your life would improve and you would experience more inner peace and freedom from restless thinking.
You will then be able to calm down the constant chatter of your mind, reject worries and anxieties, and refuse to think negative thoughts.
Thank you for reading! To support my website and work, please click on the button below! Thanks in advance!