How often do you hear people saying, “I need motivation”? How often do you say these words yourself? Probably many times.
- Do you often feel that you lack enough enthusiasm and motivation?
- Do you sometimes wonder how to stay motivated?
- Do you wish you could stay motivated despite obstacles and delays?
Often, after the initial enthusiasm and motivation, when starting something new, there is a drop of the desire and interest. What can you do to stay motivated and not lose the zest, enthusiasm and energy?
How to have motivation and stop complaining and saying, “I need motivation”?
You Need Motivation for Everything You Do
The motivation to act, do things, study, pursue a goal or attain success in any area of life, often, emerges through outside triggers and external motivators.
The desire and the motivation might arise after watching an inspiring movie, reading a book, or talking with someone who has achieved success.
However, unless the desire and ambition are very strong, the motivation that arises is often short lived.
- How many times have you felt elated, energetic, and motivated to achieve a certain desire or ambition, after watching a movie or reading a book?
- Did this mood stay with you and pushed you forward, until you achieved that goal?
- What happened to the desire and the motivation half an hour later, a day later, or a week later? In most cases, it evaporated. Why?
A single, one-time motivational trigger is usually not enough. Certain events or situations might arouse motivation and ambition, but some time later, everything returns to normal, and you forget about them.
Success requires constant motivation, not just a one-time trigger.
To achieve anything, you need to learn to stay motivated. You should supply yourself with constant triggers, so you can continue despite obstacles.
Every achievement and every attainment requires a constant flow of motivation.
When you follow a certain activity for some time, it often turns into a habit, and you can go on and on with it, as if on auto-pilot. Yet, knowing how to stay motivated would make the journey to achievement easier, faster and more enjoyable.
You should never lose your patience and give up.
- Body building is a process that requires time and effort.
- Losing weight also requires time.
- Getting a degree requires time too.
- Changing your lifestyle and habits needs a sustained motivation.
Everything worthwhile requires time, work and effort. You need your motivation alive and kicking for days, weeks, months or even more, depending on your goal.
The question is, how to produce a constant flow of motivation that will carry you through obstacles, laziness, procrastination, fears and negative thinking? How to stay motivated not for just a day or a week, but long enough to achieve a goal?
- How to stay motivated to lose weight?
- How to stay motivated to workout?
- How to stay motivated at work?
- How to stay motivated in college?
Below, you will find a few helpful suggestions.
How to Stay Motivated and Enthusiastic
If you often hear yourself saying, “I need motivation”, or “how to stay motivated even when facing delays, frustration and disappointment?”, here are a few tips to help.
Here is how to have motivation:
Ways to increase motivation levels.
- Think about the times you had motivation, and write down what were the triggers. It doesn’t matter in what area you were motivated to act. Then, think and find ways to create the same conditions and triggers again, but in relation to your current goal.
- Make a list of motivational and inspirational books that helped you in the past. Each day, read at least a few pages from one of the books. If you have never read a book that motivated you, start reading one now. Ask friends about such books, or search for them on the Internet.
- Instead of watching movies that you will forget tomorrow and leave no effect on you, seek, and watch movies that can trigger motivation in you.
- Make a list of inspiring quotes and read them often, especially in the morning before going to work, and at night, before going to sleep. You can find many such affirmations at this website.
- Read success stories, about people who achieved success in the areas that you want to achieve success.
- Collect photos of things you want to do or own and look at them often to get inspired and motivated.
- Seek the company of people who have an uplifting effect on you and try to avoid the company of negative people who try to drag you down intentionally or unintentionally.
- Start with small, simple goals. Since it is easier to maintain motivation for short periods, it would be easier to keep the motivation, when the goal does not require much time to accomplish, just a few minutes, hours, or a day or two.
- Repeat positive affirmations relating to your goal. If you don’t know what affirmations are or how to use them, read this article about affirmations.
- To feel motivated, listen to music that you love, and which makes you feel energetic and alive.
Focusing on the task at hand, even if you feel lack of enthusiasm, would increase the motivation in the
Here is an affirmation to repeat when you wish to increase your drive and get encouraged:
“Whenever I need motivation and encouragement, I can easily awaken them and feel their energy within me.”
Check out these motivational books:
Manifest and Achieve Whatever You Want – Clear and easy to understand, step-by-step instructions for improving your life and creating success with the power of visualization.
Affirmations – Words with Power – Find out how you can reprogram your subconscious mind with affirmations, activate its powers, and start attracting happiness and success into your life!
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
– Les Brown
“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
“Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.”
– George Whitefield
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
– Dale Carnegie
You might like reading Motivation Quotes on Getting Motivated
If you enjoyed reading my articles, you can thank me by clicking on the button below!