How do you begin your day? Do you feel happy or depressed, energetic or washed out? Do you expect a good day or think about your problems?
What is the best way to start a day?
How you start your day affects your moods and behavior and, consequently, how people relate to you. How you begin your day can make your day or break your day.
You can do some things to start a good day and keep it so. Your thoughts, your attitude, and your actions immediately after waking and getting up in the morning strongly affect your whole day.
Here are 10 things to do to have a good day. You don’t have to follow all the 10 tips at once. If it is easier, choose only one or two and gradually add more. Trying to implement all the 10 right away might lead to inner resistance, which is not helpful.
10 Things to Do to Start a Good Day
Here are some ideas on the best way to start a day.
1. Begin your preparations the day before. Go to sleep at a reasonable hour so that you have enough hours of sleep.
2. After lying in bed, don’t turn on the TV. Close your eyes, calm your body, and repeat several times the affirmation:
“I am going to have a good night’s sleep, and I am going to wake up happy, refreshed, and energetic.”
Next, let your thoughts come and go, staying calm and relaxed, not thinking about anything in particular, and not fighting thoughts you do not want. Do so until you fall asleep.
3. Upon waking up in the morning, repeat the following affirmation several times:
“Today, I am having a most wonderful, happy, and productive day.”
4. Muster enough strength, and get up, sit on your bed for a few seconds with a smile on your face, and then stand up.
5. After washing up, meditate for at least 5-10 minutes. If you usually meditate, then do your usual meditation.
If you have never meditated, just sit down on a chair with your back straight, with closed or opened eyes, as you wish. Calm your body, and then watch your thoughts as they come and go. Just watch them with a lack of interest, as if they do not belong to you. Don’t try to follow them, nor fight them.
6. If you have the time for exercising or walking in the morning, that’s great, but if you don’t, do a few exercises for a few minutes. Any exercise will do. This will bring more oxygen into your lungs and energize your bloodstream.
7. It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you the strength and energy to start your day. Therefore, prepare yourself something to eat. If you don’t have the time, then wake up a few minutes earlier to prepare yourself a light meal.
You will feel more energetic, and your head will work better if you have breakfast in the morning.
8. Read a few inspiring quotes, before going out to work. It would be a good idea to prepare them the previous day. These could be any kind of quotes that inspire and motivate you. You can read different quotes every day or repeat the same ones every day.
9. Be polite on the way to work. Smile and greet people whom you know. Don’t try to ignore them or show them an unhappy face.
10. When you arrive at your place of work, and just before going in, repeat in your mind the following sentence:
“I am happy and relaxed. Today is a wonderful and a most productive day.”
Starting your day with these tips will make you feel better, happier, and more positive and energetic. When you are happy, positive, and in a good mood, you broadcast these vibrations around you, affecting other people and your environment accordingly.