Are there any sentences or phrases that you repeat often in your mind?
Are you aware of the sentences you often repeat aloud when speaking with people, or silently, in your mind?
These words speak a lot about your mindset, attitude and expectations. These sentences and phrases build an image of your character in other people’s minds, and affect their opinion of you and the way they treat you.
If the phrases and sentences you often say are positive, you build a positive image of yourself in your mind and in the minds of other people.
If these are negative phrases and sentences, you build a negative image.
Your words also affect how you feel, how you act, and what you expect of yourself.
Your words can make you feel unhappy and unsuccessful, and they can make you feel, strong, courageous, inspired and successful.
All this means that you should be careful with the words you use.
It can be a good idea to build a vocabulary of positive phrases. With the help of this vocabulary, you can change how you feel and act, become happier and more positive, and change the image you project externally.
This is not difficult to do.
- You need to gather a few positive phrases and sentence to add to your vocabulary.
- You can learn them by heart, write them on a notebook or on a sheet of paper, or write them in your phone.
Read these positive phrases and sentences often, and try to use them instead of the negative phrases you use, either in conversation with people, or in your mind.
What are Negative Phrases and Sentences?
Before giving you examples of positive words, I would like to show you what kind of negative words to avoid.
Ad - Continue reading below.
What are negative phrases? They are sentences with words that speak about failure, negative thinking, lack of self-esteem and weakness.
Here are a few examples of negative phrases:
- I cannot learn a new language.
- I cannot stand him.
- I am afraid I might fail.
- People do not like me.
- I never succeed at anything.
- I don’t believe I will get the job.
- I am not as good as him/her.
These are just a few examples, to let you know what I mean.
What are Positive Phrases and Sentences?
These are sentences with positive, inspiring and encouraging words. They show strength and belief in yourself and in your abilities.
You will find below a list of such phrases. You can add as many as you want to this list, and make them part of your vocabulary.
Try to use them at the appropriate times, in suitable situations, and in a natural way, as part of your conversation and your thinking.
Positive Phrases and Sentences
- I can get this job and do it well.
- Today is a wonderful day, when everything moves smoothly and harmoniously.
- I always try to be optimistic and hope for the best.
- I expect to get good grades.
- I am doing my best to improve my habits and myself.
- I expect everything to turn out well.
- Today is going to be a wonderful day and everything is going to move smoothly and harmoniously.
- I am full of energy.
- I am sure there is good in this situation.
- I trust myself to make the best decision.
- I am enjoying the work that I am doing.
- I always hope for the best and expect the best.
- I let go all my anger and frustrations and replace them with peace and hopes.
- I can earn the money to provide a comfortable life for my family and for myself.
- People love and respect me, and enjoy my company.
- I always try to keep on open mind, without criticism.
- I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at the situation.
- I feel confident and at ease in the company of any person.
- I always find reasons to be happy and optimistic.
- I have very good relations with my family, friends and coworkers.
- I forgive people and treat them with respect.
- I can achieve all my ambitions.
- I can solve every problem and handle well every situation.
- I can finish my work on time.
- Everything in my life is improving and getting better.
Get the eBook on Positive Thinking