How do you manage your time, or maybe you don’t manage it at all, letting other people and circumstances dictate to you what to do?
If managing your time seems like a big task, why not try to manage just a few hours of your day, maybe even just one hour for a start?
If you are not be able to manage your time at your job, or when doing your household chores, try first, just to manage your morning time before going to work.
Managing your time means giving priorities to certain tasks, and leaving for later other, less important tasks. It is certainly more pleasurable, and requires less effort, to read your mail than work, or watch a movie than study, but this does not make the task done.
If you do other things, instead of the important ones, you just procrastinate. This behavior creates stress, because the task is not accomplished in time, or not accomplished at all.
If you worry that time is passing by and you are making no progress in your work, studies, house chores, it is because you always find something else to do. This is procrastination.
Laziness and procrastination are the main reasons for not managing time correctly.
One of the best ways to overcome them is by developing willpower and self-discipline.
With these two skills it is easier to make a decision and stick by it.
Their possession makes it easier to leave your comfort zone and show inner strength. To have control over your time you often need to step out of your comfort zone and display inner strength.
How Do You Manage Your Time?
How do you manage your time? Do you manage it correctly and efficiently?
When you are able to manage your time in the best way, you have better control over your time and over your life. You stop leading a passive life and start taking responsibility for your life.
Here are a few ideas.
- Plan your day in advance. True, plans do not always work out as planned, you forget them, or other things seem more important. Nevertheless, make plans and do your best to stick by them.
- Nowadays, email, Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites take a lot of our time. If you wish to accomplish a task, and if you want to achieve success in your field, you have to be strong enough cut the time you spent on them.
- Watch less TV programs. This will give you time doing things, instead of being a passive watcher.
- If you are too busy at work or at home, what about delegating some tasks to others?
- Maybe there are tasks, which are easier to accomplish at certain times of the day, and you should change your schedule?
You see, there is a lot you can do to be the master of your time.
Remember, even a little self discipline would make this job easier to handle.
If you enjoyed reading my articles, you can thank me by clicking on the button below!