- Would you like to enjoy your day?
- Would you like to have a wonderful day?
I hope you have a great day everyday.
You probably think that it’s impossible to expect to have a great day, every day, but it’s possible, achievable and doable.
You might meet obstacles and problems, but yet, your day can be a good day, if you approach these obstacles and problems with the right attitude.
“Having a good day is not a miracle, it happens because you envision it ahead in your mind.” – Dorina Sasson
How to Have a Good Day?
So, you want to make your day a great day. Here are the steps to turn your day into a wonderful day.
Step 1 – Become aware of the way you start your day
You need to be aware of the way you start your day.
I have prepared a few questions to ask yourself. These questions, and your answers, would make you realize how you start your day, and how to make it better.
If you change the way you start your day, you would be able to alter the course of your day, and have a great day, despite obstacles and problems you might face.
Question no. 1 – When do you wake up in the morning?
- Do you wake up at the last minute in the morning, preparing yourself for the new day in a hurry and absentmindedly?
- Do you give yourself some time to prepare yourself for the new day, even if you have young children?
If you realize that you wake up at the last minute, and do everything in a hurry, then gradually change this habit.
Tomorrow morning, get up 10 minutes earlier, and after a few days, get up 15 minutes earlier.
- Waking up earlier than you usually do, would give you ample time to prepare for the day calmly and with no hurry and tension.
- Waking up earlier in the morning gives you some quality time with yourself.
- When you wake up earlier, you reduce the morning stress, and can start your day feeling calm and relaxed.
Question no. 2 – How do you begin your day?
Are you tired, stressed and impatient in the morning, or do you wake up feeling calm, happy and motivated to begin your new day?
If you stay awake late at night, watching an meaningless program on TV, you’ll wake up tired and grumpy.
I highly recommend you to make the right choice, and prefer a good night’s sleep, over any useless activity.
This will give you the inner strength to begin your day energized, and fully capable of doing your best during the day.
Question no. 3 – What type of thoughts fill your mind in the morning?
- Do negative thoughts about the day occupy your mind?
- Do you expect unpleasant things to happen?
- Are you afraid that you might not succeed to carry out all your plans and obligations for the day?
Or maybe you think positively about the new day:
- Do you have positive thoughts about your new day?
- Do you expect to have a great day, even if you might encounter unpleasant situations.
- Are you are determined to enjoy your day, even if things wouldn’t turn out exactly as you have planned, and people might be displeased with you?
It’s important to display a positive attitude during the day, no matter what you encounter.
I will not go into detail here, on how to adopt a positive attitude to life. However, I wish to say a few words about it.
Positive thinking is an optimistic state of mind, which sees the bright side both in positive and negative situations.
This attitude focuses on looking for solutions, rather than dwelling on problems and difficulties.
Positive thinking is a mental attitude that highlights the good and constructive in life, rather than emphasizing the negative.
Positive thinking is about BELIEVING IN YOURSELF.
And most important, it is about NOT GIVING UP, but going on, until reaching your goal.
I am not living in a fool’s paradise, expecting everything to turn out exactly as we plan.
I am very much aware of unexpected “surprises” we all encounter in the morning, and all along the day.
The purpose of step 1 is to make you aware of the way you start your day.
It also makes you realize what type of thoughts fill your mind as you wake up, and whether you expect your day to be a big flop, or you plan to make it a good day.
Step 2 – Count Your Blessings often, and Acknowledge that You Are Very Fortunate
After waking up in the morning, remain in bed for a few minutes, and count your blessings silently in your mind, or audibly, if you wish.
You can prepare a list ahead, and read it often, during the day.
Repeat your blessings slowly and attentively, not in a hurry and absentmindedly, otherwise they’ll have no impact on your inner being.
Counting your blessings is a wonderful way to make a positive impact on your day, because:
- This step will uplift your spirit.
- It will make you realize how many great things you have in your life.
- It will make you care less about what people say.
- This action would inspire you to deal confidently with any problem that might arise.
- It will increase your ability to enjoy your day, rather than become stressed and unhappy.
We all have ups and downs in life. We might have difficulties, broken family ties, a demanding boss, stressful co-workers, and so on.
Yet, we MUST look for the silver lining, rather than focus on the difficulties.
So, start looking for the good things you have in your life, and count your blessings.
When counting your blessings, do not underestimate “small” things. You are lucky to have them.
A list of Some of the Good Things to Be Grateful For
- You woke up and you are breathing – be grateful.
- You get out of bed by yourself, and can take care of yourself – it’s a fantastic day.
- You have one or more family member who loves you – Halleluiah.
- You have a working place to go to, and it pays your bills and mortgage – It’s excellent.
- You have love in your life, a wife/husband/ cute dog/ any pet – you are very fortunate.
- You have a roof above your head – it’s wonderful.
- You have a friend who cares for you, and you can call him or her any time you want, and have a heart to heart talk. – You are very fortunate.
And so on…
Make yourself a list, and count your many times a day.
I would like to reiterate and emphasize:
When counting your blessings, do not underestimate the “small” things you have in your life. You are very blessed to have them.
“The type of attitude you choose to embrace, will determine the type of day you’ll have.” – Dorina Sasson
Step 3 – Imagine in Your Mind the Great Day You Are about to Have
You can set the course of your day, by planning and expecting a fantastic day.
You can make a decision not to allow obstacles, arguments, or difficulties you might encounter, to spoil your mood and your positive attitude.
Here is how to do it:
At night, while lying in bed, before falling asleep, imagine how wonderful your day is going to be.
In your imagination, see how everything is turning out okay, with joy and satisfaction.
This is just like daydreaming. Imagine a happy and satisfying day, and expect it to be as you have imagined it.
During the day, carry in your mind the mental image you have created, even though you might face obstacles or difficulties.
Holding in your mind a mental scene of success and happiness, would help you maintain calmness and a positive attitude, despite any unpleasant issues you might encounter.
We don’t live in a “perfect” world, where everything turns out exactly as we want. Most of us have a busy life with stressful situations, maybe an annoying boss, and multiple tasks we have to carry out each day.
The purpose of this step is to keep carrying in your mind the positive image of having a good day, rather than thinking on the negative issues you have encountered.
Step 4 – Repeat Affirmations
Repeat affirmations for the great day you’re going to have.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that describe in a few words the goal we wish to achieve.
When you repeat them frequently, with intent and attention, they make a strong impact on our subconscious mind, and prompt it to help us get what we want.
Affirmations are powerful words, which motivate and help us achieve what we want in life.
“Affirmations are small seeds of success that you plant in your mind.” – Remez Sasson
Why You Need to Affirm?
- When you repeat affirmations often, you engrave them on your subconscious mind.
- Repeating affirmations frequently, with positive feelings and a strong belief, motivates you to overcome obstacles, look for solutions and achieve your goals.
- Affirmations motivate and inspire us to take action. They make us aware of opportunities, and help us change our behavior and attitude, in accordance with the words we are repeating.
How to Affirm
- Affirm only with positive words.
- Affirm with attention and a strong belief.
- Affirm anytime, anywhere, and as many times as you want.
- You can affirm silently or audibly. However, hearing yourself affirming, makes a stronger impact on your mind, than affirming silently.
- It is most important to affirm in the evening before going to sleep, and in the morning as you wake up.
Here is a list of affirmations for having a great day:
- Good morning world. Today is a wonderful day. I’m smiling, I’m energetic, and I’m happy.
- I’m having a wonderful day today.
- Today is an amazing day, full of joy and positive outcomes.
- I choose to be content and feel satisfied under all circumstances.
- I am happy and satisfied with my life.
- Tranquility is my constant inner feeling.
- I am content with myself.
- There is always a positive and bright side to everything that happens.
- I am thanking the omnipotent power of the Universe for the great day I’m having.
- Day by day, my feelings of happiness and satisfaction are increasing.
- I see the positive and bright side in everything I do and experience.
- Today, I experience feelings of joy and contentment.
- I love and appreciate myself.
- I feel good about myself.
- I choose to love myself and live in peace with myself.
- I think positive thoughts about myself.
- I am beautiful, smart and talented.
Affirmations to repeat, when encountering an unpleasant situation:
- I am aware of the difficulty I am experiencing, and choose to take care of my physical and mental health, and remain calm, poised and smart.
- I am choosing inner peace and tranquility under all circumstances.
- My physical and mental health is my priority.
- I am taking good care of myself.
- What people think of me is none of my business. I’m smart, talented and content with myself.
- I love and appreciate myself, and I am proud of myself in every situation.
Have a Good Day Quotes
Read the following quotes often. These quotes will fill your heart with positive feelings, and help you understand that having a good day is entirely up to you, even if your road of life gets bumpy from time to time.
1. “Every day is a good day; some are just a little better than others”.”
2. “Having a good day is not a miracle. It happens because you envision it ahead in your mind.”
3. “I wake up every day and I think, ‘I’m breathing! It’s a good day.'”
4. “Every day should be a good day. People fool themselves that they’ll be here forever.”
5. “I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes, you have an opportunity to change that.”
6. “Every single day is a good day, no matter how bright or dark it is, because it always brings an opportunity to start a positive beginning in your life.”
7. “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.”
Read the above ‘have a great day quotes’ and make them part of your life.
Tips to Have a Wonderful and Great Day
Here are tips to help you have a wonderful and fantastic day.
- At night, when lying in bed, tell yourself a few times, how good it is to wake up early in the morning, relaxed and with positive thoughts.
- Focus on enjoying your day. Don’t anticipate unpleasant events.
- Trust yourself, no matter what people say, and believe that you can do anything you want, easily and successfully.
- Read a few inspiring quotes before you go to work. This always improves the mood and the way we feel.
- Find a quote you love, and write it down on your cellphone, then look at it from time to time.
- Expect a lovely day, a beautiful day, a day filled with pleasant surprises.
- Put a smile on your face from time to time. You will feel better, and people will treat you nicer if you smile.
- Listen less to the news, and more to your favorite music.
Have an awesome day my dear reader.
About the Author
Dorina Sasson has been trained in Louise L. Hay’s teacher training course. She is a certified teacher for “You can heal your life” study course, and “Love yourself, heal your life” workshop.