Do you tend to hold grudges or do you forgive people who have hurt you, or whom you think have hurt you?
Forgiveness requires inner strength that not everyone possesses. Feelings often stand in the way of forgiveness, veiling judgment and common sense.
Often, people feel hurt, when no one even tried to hurt them, because they misinterpret people’s words and actions.
If you don’t forgive:–
- Thoughts and feelings disturb your mind, preventing inner peace.
- You become unhappy.
- You become resentful.
- You become negative.
There is certainly a lot more you can add to this list.
Forgiveness shows maturity, common sense, compassion and a noble character. If are able to forgive:
If you are able to forgive:
- You gain inner peace.
- You free your mind of incessant negative thinking.
- You don’t let thoughts and feelings rule your actions and reactions.
- You don’t let people and external circumstances control your life.
- You open new doors to better things in your life.
How can you forgive people, and is it possible to forgive everything?
Forgiveness is a process that takes some time. Forgiveness doesn’t necessarily mean that you accept what people said or did, even if it is a really bad thing that they did.
Forgiveness means that you stop thinking negative thoughts and being obsessed and disturbed by the incident that made you feel being hurt. It means that you clear your subconscious mind of the hurt feelings. It also means that you clear your mind of any hate, resentment or anger toward the person that hurt or seemingly hurt you.
How can you learn to forgive?
- Be more aware of unforgiving thoughts and feelings that arise within you. Be on guard not to dwell on them. Dwelling on the, make them grow.
- Do your best not to take everything too personally.
- Try to be more emotionally and mentally detached.
- If you can, learn to meditate. This would also help you be more forgiving.
- Try to show more love and compassion.
- Let go of the past. Don’t let it hold you back.
Holding grudges, resentment or anger, is like being tied to a chain that limits your actions and thinking. It means that you allow others to control your mind and your life.
Forgiveness equals inner freedom. Forgiveness is another important step toward spiritual growth.
Emotional Detachment for Happier Life
Imagine how free, calm and happy you would be, if you could stop getting upset by what people say or do, let go of negative thoughts and emotions, and avoid taking things personally.
Learn hoe emotional detachment can help you let go.Read More