- Did you start some kind of self improvement technique, but did not see any improvement?
- Did you meditate, repeated affirmations or used visualization, but got no results?
- Do you sometimes, hear people say, “I have tried positive thinking, and I have repeated affirmations, I have meditated, and yet nothing happened?”
- Do you often wonder why you are not getting results for your efforts when following various self improvement techniques?
The fact is that often, people don’t use self-improvement and positive thinking techniques correctly, or they do not follow the techniques earnestly and wholeheartedly.
Why You Are not Getting Results from Self Improvement?
1. You might start enthusiastically repeating affirmations, expecting miracles to happen. However, after repeating them for a few days, nothing happens. This takes your enthusiasm and confidence away, and you become disappointed.
2. You might start visualizing a certain goal, expecting the law of attraction to create miracles for you. You visualize your dream or goal for a few days, maybe for a week, but nothing happens. Then, after a while, you lose your faith in the technique and stop visualizing.
3. Maybe you have begun to meditate, but after a week or two you did not experience any altered state of consciousness. This made you conclude that meditation is just a waste of time.
4. This might happen with your efforts to stop getting stressed, to make your mind tranquil, and to improve your focus.
5. You might also get disappointed and stop improving yourself, when you try to stop a negative habit, such as getting angry quickly or becoming easily impatient.
Self-improvement, changing habits and changing one’s mindset can be successful, but only if they are used correctly and persistently.
You cannot construct a building or a bridge without the proper knowledge, training and preparation. You need to follow certain instructions and rules. Self-improvement, positive thinking and meditation methods should be approached in the same manner. You need to know how to use these techniques.
You are not getting results, due to lack of enough enthusiasm, interest and motivation. You are not getting result because you are not patient enough, do not persevere enough, and quit too soon.
It is not enough to say for a few moments, “I am achieving my goal, I am happy and I have plenty money”, and then revert to negative thinking and to worrying. You get no instant results when you repeat a few positive words for a few moments.
- How can you expect to accomplish anything by visualizing it, if at the same time you worry, and have doubts about your ability to get what you are visualizing?
- How can you get any positive results if you sit for meditation, but instead of meditating you think about all kinds of irrelevant matters?
You need guidance, patience and perseverance to succeed with any technique you are following.
Many are impatient, expecting immediate results, but when this does not happen they get disappointed and quit.
This is not the right approach. Self improvement techniques are no different from learning a foreign language or working out. To get results, you need study or exercise on a regular basis. To get results from self improvement methods you need to do the same.
How to Get Results from Self Improvement Techniques?
- To get results, you need to invest time and effort in these techniques, and follow them with enthusiasm and the desire to succeed.
- Success comes only if you fully and wholeheartedly desire what you are affirming or visualizing, and you focus mind and energy on your goal.
- In order to get results, you need to show interest and earnestness, and to do your best.
- Your inner vision should be strong enough to propel you forward, no matter how negative your current situation is, and despite any failures you might experience.
- If you think, visualize, affirm or meditate for a few minutes, and then for the rest of the day think negatively, you neutralize or destroy all your positive thoughts, mental images and affirmations.
Self improvement techniques and positive thinking work and bring results, if you are determined to succeed, follow the instructions correctly, persevere, and do not let lack of faith, laziness and procrastination stand in your way.
You need to give these methods time to work.
If you practice any technique as an unpleasant task, with no attention and concentration, how do you expect them to work?
You need to be willing to devote time, energy and effort. Success in self-improvement, positive thinking and meditation methods requires that you are motivated and willing to give them enough time to bring results.
Sometimes, things happen in such a way that you could label results as miracles, but most of the time, things happen in a more natural and gradual way. Inner changes will start to manifest, and will lead to positive changes. Doors will open, people will help, circumstances and situations will change, and new constructive ideas will come up, all of which will bring the desired changes and improvements.
Here are a few additional tips, which I hope you will find useful:
- Read about people who got results, and learn what they did and how.
- Be sure to learn about the benefits you will gain.
- Give yourself some pep talks when enthusiast starts to wane out.
- Do not give in to discouragement and doubts.
Anything worthwhile in life takes time to accomplish.
Improvement starts within you and is dependent on your own efforts. So, make the effort.
Self Improvement Quotes
“I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.”
– Wayne Dyer
“We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act. Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness.”
– Maxwell Maltz
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
– Thomas Edison
More self improvement quotes.
Image source – DepositPhotos