Saying ‘thank you’ is a display of appreciation for something someone gave you or did for you. This act would make the receiver of the ‘thank you’ feel appreciated, and make you feel happy.
Saying ‘thank you’ let the other person feel that he or she did something good that is being appreciated by the receiver. This kind of behavior can build and improve friendships and relationships.
Saying ‘thank you’ creates a moment of happiness, even if is for just for a brief moment. It creates currents of positive energy.
Say the words ‘thank you’, audibly, when someone does you a favor or helps you in some way.
Say ‘thank you’ to a seller at a shop when he or she helps you find what you want.
Say ‘thank you’, to the people who serve you at the restaurant or supermarket, to the man at the gas station, to your wife, husband, children or neighbors, when they help you in any way.
Often, just saying ‘thank you’, nodding your head or smiling is enough. Sometimes, you might want to do more. You can be very creative here, and find various ways to do so in the different situations of your daily life.
Below, you will find a few examples of thanking people, but I encourage you to find more. That should be very easy, fun and entertaining.
Ways to Say ‘Thank You’ and Show Your Appreciation
1. Show your appreciation to your spouse, by taking him or her to a restaurant or a show.
2. Smile and nod your head when a driver stops his or her car to let you cross the street.
3. Buy a small present as a token of appreciation for someone who helped you in some way, even if he or she does not expect to receive anything from you. This need not be something expensive. You may buy flowers, a box of chocolate, a pen, or a book, for example.
4. Do you visit regularly a certain website because you like the articles it offers? Why not show your appreciation for the work and dedication of the writer or owner of the website?
There are two ways you can thank and show your appreciation, through a thank you email, or buying one of the books or other products the website offers.
5. If you are the owner of a business, once in a while, give your employees a small present, as a way to thank them and show your appreciation. This is something apart from bonuses or money. You may buy them a book or give them a ticket for a show. You may also give them a gift card they can use to buy something.
6. Are you a child that uses your parent’s car? Why not wash the car once in a while?
7. Did someone help you in some way, but he or she does not live nearby? Email them with a letter of appreciation, thanking them for what they have done for you.
8. Thank people on the wall of their Facebook.
9. You may send people a digital greeting card. There are many such services on the Internet.
10. If you know how to bake cake, bake one, and give it to the person you want to thank.
11. As a thank you and a token of appreciation, you may invite someone to dinner or lunch. You can either cook the meal, or invite him or her to a restaurant.
12. Ask the person how you can be of help, and what you can do for them.
These are just a few examples. If you think about it, you will find many other ways to thank people and show your appreciation.
Thanking people and showing your appreciation requires only a smile, a nod of the head, a kind gesture, a small symbolic present, or a few kind words.
Saying ‘thank you’ creates a good and positive atmosphere and makes the world a better and happier place to live in.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the guidance you need to make them work for you.
Learn how to use affirmations effectively, to improve your life, achieve goals, and get the things you want.
Hundreds of affirmations for almost every purpose.More Info
Support This Website
This website offers plenty of information, advice and guidance for free. If you liked the articles and feel that they have helped you, please consider supporting this website by contributing any amount you wish. Thank you.Contribute
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.