A scarcity mindset is a sure way to attract lack into your life.
Are you unconsciously and intentionally manifesting scarcity in your life? Read the following story.
Some time ago, my wife and me, dined in a good restaurant, together with of our friends, a married couple.
I would like to mention that his couple were in good financial situation, both of them worked and earned quite well. They had no problem ordering anything from the menu. Furthermore, the restaurant was not expensive at all.
My wife and I looked at the menu, and rather quickly, decided what to order. Our friends looked at the menu and could not make up their minds what to order.
After a few minutes I asked them, “Did you make up your mind what to order?”
The man looked at us, and said, “It’s all very expensive. I am looking for the cheapest item on the menu.”
Dorina, my wife, looked at them and said:
“Why choose the cheapest item? Why not choose something you like, and which you will enjoy eating?”
“It’s good to save money, but here, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with saving money, it’s a matter of scarcity thinking. You are just limiting yourself. You are manifesting a scarcity mindset.”
“What do you mean?” Our friend asked.
“When you limit yourself, and when you believe that you cannot afford something, you are manifesting scarcity. You are telling your subconscious mind and the Universe that you don’t have money.” I answered.
“This kind of thinking attracts scarcity, and does not allow money to flow into your life.” My wife said.
“Wow!” our friend exclaimed, “I was not aware of what I was doing. You are so right!”
Ad - Continue reading below.
“I always limit myself, and I often avoid spending money on myself, even if it is just a small amount, like buying an ice cream cone, a slice of cake, or even a bottle of water.”
“It is not that I can’t afford it, because I definitely can. It’s just an unconscious habit. From now on, I will to try to be aware of this way of thinking and avoid it.”
What Is Scarcity Mindset?
What does it mean to have a scarcity mindset?
This state of mind can also be called poorness mindset, limited thinking, fear of success, and lack of self-esteem.
What is scarcity?
The word scarcity means lack of something. However, the Universe is abundant. All you need is to realize it, and start connecting to the abundance of the Universe.
Cambridge dictionary defines this word as: “a situation in which something is not easy to find or get.”
Merriam Webster dictionary defines scarcity as: “the quality or state of being scarce.”
This sort of mindset means:
- You believe that you don’t deserve a better life.
- You think small.
- You feel undeserving.
- You always choose the cheapest option.
- You avoid buying a new pair of shoes, until they are completely torn. You don’t buy new clothes, until they look really bad.
- You avoid spending money of the things you need or want, because you believe you cannot afford them, even though you can, and have the money.
- This attitude does not necessarily denote stinginess, and it has nothing to do with the desire to save money.
- It is an attitude of fear.
A state of mind can be changed. It is not something fixed. It is like clearing old furniture and buying new ones. You need to clear from your mind from the thoughts about scarcity and replace them with thoughts about success.
Shortage, lack and insufficiency, can be changed into prosperity and abundance. It’s a matter of changing your thought patterns and developing a positive attitude.
Most People Manifest Scarcity Unintentionally
A scarcity mindset is a mental attitude, which has nothing to do with one’s financial condition. Both rich people and poor people are prone to this mindset.
Most people are not aware of this scarcity mindset. It is something they do unconsciously and unintentionally.
To grow out of it, you need to be aware of it. This is the first step. To overcome it, requires that you teach yourself to think big, develop self-esteem, and show more self-love.
There might be various causes for this negative mental attitude, such as:
- Lack of money in childhood
- Parents who expressed this attitude
- Financial loss
- Lack of self esteem
- Growing in an environment of lack
Holding on to scarcity mindset is a sure way to continually manifest lack in your life. Is this something you want? I am sure you don’t.
Thinking Small – Limited Thinking
There is plenty of everything in the Universe. If you close your mind to the wealth of the Universe you push it away from you.
If you open your mind to the wealth of the Universe, you attract it into your life.
If you open your mind to prosperity and abundance, there will be no place for scarcity consciousness. You will open yourself to success consciousness.
You limit yourself when you think that you do not deserve to be successful. You also limit yourself when you believe that you cannot spend money on yourself, even when you have the money.
If you do not want to spend money on something, because you don’t need or want it, that’s something else. If you are happy, satisfied and content with what you have, that’s okay.
It is not okay, when you feel angry, resentful, unhappy and unsatisfied, when you prevent yourself from getting and buying the things that you really need.
Thinking small, always looking for cheap items, and giving up on your wishes, means thinking small. This behavior shows fear, lack of self-esteem, and lack of self-love.
Thinking in Unlimited Way
To avoid scarcity mindset, you need to stop thinking in a limited way. You need to dare to think big.
Here are a few examples and suggestions:
1) If something costs too much money, and you are not earning enough, don’t feel resentful and unhappy about it. This kind of thinking sticks you in the same place.
Never tell yourself that you can afford it and that you do not have money.
Instead, tell yourself that soon you will have the money. Tell yourself that you deserve to have money, and that you are going to earn more.
Repeating such words, means repeating positive affirmations.
3) When you have bills to pay, be happy to pay them. When paying them, say, “I am giving this money with love, and much more will return to me soon.”
4) When spending money on clothes, food, pleasure, and anything else, feel that you can afford to pay, and that more money is on the way to you.
5) Don’t always go to the cheapest item. Sometimes, it might be okay, as long as this is not due to scarcity mindset.
6) When you read about rich people, or watch them on TV, do not envy them. Instead, repeat to yourself that if you want, you can be rich too.
7) Avoid running scenarios of scarcity and lack in your mind. The mind is a powerful tool. If you repeat such scenarios and mental images, you might attract them into your life.
8) Focusing on lack attracts lack, and focusing on plenty and abundance attracts plenty and abundance.
9) No matter what your present situation is, never focus on the difficulties and problems, since whatever you focus on grows. Instead, focus of the good things and the good conditions you want to be part of your life.
10) Remember, there is abundance of everything in the Universe. You are part of this abundance and participate in it. Do not allow your negative thoughts separate you from this abundance.
11) Try to adopt a positive attitude toward life. Positive attitude and positive thinking will change your mindset, and allow the abundance of the Universe to flow into your life.
You can overcome your scarcity mindset, think big, and attract abundance and prosperity into your life.
There are various ways and techniques that can do this for you. You can find all the information and guidance about them in my book, Manifest and Achieve Whatever You Want.
Image source – DepositPhotos